Portrait of an Art Student

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
My daughter, Rhona. We spent the weekend moving her into a new flat (apartment) in London. All Huawei P9 camera shots. I took some film shots, but haven't got them developed yet. In-camera pre-shoot b&w setting.

1. At a community garden behind Brick Lane, where she did a project last year. Her work is not on show, unfortunately.

IMG_20170917_155732-1450x831.jpg

IMG_20170917_123300-1587x896.jpg

First hour in her new room:

IMG_20170916_175447-1587x896.jpg

IMG_20170916_180406-896x1587.jpg

IMG_20170916_175524-1587x896.jpg

Waiting for a bus...

IMG_20170917_110501-896x1587.jpg

Loving that last close up street shot. I really should do more of this kind of thing myself.

Great set and love the first one Rob. Niece lived there for a long while on brick lane. I think it is not unusual for ex art student to gravitate there. Now lives on a barge.
The reflections in the puddle of the second image stand out well as the slight smile which could not be held in by the 5th image and all back to normal by the last.
Hope the room did not cost you too much Rob ;)
My youngest graduated end of July, nice when they have their own salary to dip into :)

Cheers, Julian. Like most girls her age, she hates being caught smiling :) though she does it a lot, thankfully.

I often thought about living in a barge. How does she find it?

And congrats on your daughter's graduation! We still have two years to go.

Cheers, Julian. Like most girls her age, she hates being caught smiling :) though she does it a lot, thankfully.

I often thought about living in a barge. How does she find it?

And congrats on your daughter's graduation! We still have two years to go.
Hi Rob, yes she has loved living on the barge. She is with a guy who is very hands on and competent with boat building and repairs which helps as they need a lot of upkeep. You also have to keep moving I think it is every two weeks if you have not got a permanent mooring. But throughout London there are many places to go. I thought many years ago about buying a boat to live on. I do remember along time ago as a Trawler man there was always a dampness below in boats which put me off. I think the romanticism of it is more appealing than the actual, although I do love the be at sea which is a different thing to barge life. Barge life is about getting annoying neighbours and being able to move easily .
Yes my Kay she did four years, I did not think I'd manage to get to the graduation and also never enjoying formality the idea was a little daunting, but did manage and would not have missed it having been. It was surprisingly to myself very moving and meaningful.

Attachments

• _MG_1343.jpg
    _MG_1343.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 7
  • _MG_1330.jpg
    _MG_1330.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 7
Back