Red Spot

City Garden, HK.

RedSpot-1_zps849dd552.jpg

Sigma DP3 Merrill. ISO100, 1/125s at f1:2.8. PP (after conversion to 16 bit TIFF in Sigma Photo Pro) in LR / Nik ColorFX 4.

I do. And a DP2. Took the DP3 to HK as I hadn't had the chance to use it. Rubbish much above ISO 200. Slow to focus. Slow to write files to card. Refuses to focus in low light. Feels light and plasticky. Too big to go in your pocket (even without the lens hood). Eats batteries. But, has stunning resolution and produces beautifully delicate images in the right conditions.

Yummy cake Pete

Is that flat where the Leica dealer lives then?

I do. And a DP2. Took the DP3 to HK as I hadn't had the chance to use it. Rubbish much above ISO 200. Slow to focus. Slow to write files to card. Refuses to focus in low light. Feels light and plasticky. Too big to go in your pocket (even without the lens hood). Eats batteries. But, has stunning resolution and produces beautifully delicate images in the right conditions.

About sums it up Pete. I've got down about mine more than once. But when I tune into what it does well it is actually magnificent. Definitely a love hate camera, which is probably it's attraction.

How do you get on with the DP2, many say it is very different in defining of colours and tones. Even though what is said above I'd love to have the angle of the DP2.

Nice pic by the way.

Very interesting pattern. I'm wondering though if the building is that color or is the white balance off just a tad? ;)

Nice Pete, although very symmetrical in the shot, it makes you still want to explore it hard to see if there is anything further interesting in the shot. Love it!

I feel like I was conned into opening this thread under false pretences ... ;)

Like the shot though :)

Going out with my long lens today Pete ... Not sure Worcester will reap results like this mind!?

Back