Snap of the Day (2010)

Very nice Darren.

Here is mine:

IMG_4434.jpg

Sums up the summer - the black thing is our BBQ...

brilliant idea & text tim..........i like it.......haha

Can you tell i like this section........??

talyllynlake.jpg

talyllynlake2.jpg

are 2 snapshots allowed ??

Local lake taken this morning when i grabbed a few hours to chill out with camera, both taken with I phone 4 again.

Tal-y-llyn Lake, also known as Talyllyn Lake or Llyn Mwyngil, is a large glacial ribbon lake formed by a post-glacial massive landslip damming up the lake within the glaciated valley It is situated at the foot of Cadair Idris, in the Snowdonia mountain range of Gwynedd, Wales.

The River Dysynni flows from the lake, through the village of Abergynolwyn, and discharges into the sea north of Tywyn.

In summer 2009, a landscape photograph of the lake was chosen as an official desktop wallpaper and included with the Microsoft operating system Windows 7, thus bring an image of the lake to millions of desktop PCs.

Just a quick note about a previous photo. (I haven't been on for days as I've been on holiday in Wales....)

Those shortbreads of Darren's are to die for (and I'm diabetic so I could!) It was the first shortbread biccy I've had in a long, long time, and it was well worth waiting for. Beautifully light, doesn't leave a cloying dough in your mouth, and gives the full, lingering shortbread flavour. Full marks to Daz. (TBH, I'd recommend his place for dinner any time. We had a great night.)

In downtown Edmonton today passing the Sherlock Holmes, a cute little pub on one of the most valuable tracts of land in the City. It is completely surrounded by high office towers. On the ground floor of the building to its right, is Moriarty's Wine Bar - wry humour instead of rye whiskey. I present it as my picture of the day. A little cool with high, gusty winds today, so the outdoor tables are not jammed as usual.

holmes.jpg

Good for them I say, although I did see the end of an episode o it the other day and there was some new person presenting it with that chap off various comedy panel shows and she looked really nervous every time he said something ...
Also, if any tv programmes should be banned it should be "live at 5" or whatever it's called ... The one with the girl with the teeth from that "apprentice" programe .... Now that is bad tv!!

edit. didn't realise what thread this was sorry.

Family Guy is the only good thing on TV!

Last edited:
Greg Smith our tech admin, my business partner and photography assistant for weddings... Waiting before the start of a wedding. St Nicholas church, Worcester
iPhone 4

f7064486.jpg

Didn't get chance to upload this yesterday as my parents were here, but this is Stourport Marina 29th August

stourportmarina29Aug.jpg

IMG_4918.jpg

Plums growing by the million on a tree in the garden, taken with canon 40D & 50mm F1.8 Lens
( bit blurred cos of wind blowing branches about but hey its a snap shot..............!! )

Last edited:
Back