so all these Contax G1/2 bodies lying around….

Peter Blake

….having had their lenses spirited away to the land of Sony. what shall we do with them?

I always liked the whole concept of the G system, and must admit that in my brief dealings with it, never had these supposed focusing problems, even with the 90mm.

I enjoyed my little adventure with the Canonet and would love to shoot some more with a film r/f body. The Contax G can be picked up in working order for around ¥6000 as a body only, but what lens could be mounted to it? ignoring the af, allowing the body to do the shutter bit and move the film. something bodge mounted into a body cap? I don't suppose anyone makes a mount adapter for a.n.other lens to Contax G body do they?

I'm not aware of anything. Too many functional sacrifices to contend with I'd have thought.
The main reason to use those cameras is the lenses I think anyway. If you want a film rangefinder, then that is what you should buy in my opinion.
Though if you can justify a contax lens or two, and don't mind the keyhole like viewfinders then they are well worth using ... Those lenses are stunning! The 90 and 45, the two I used, blew me away. I just didn't like the camera unfortunately.

Back