some old photomanips

Beth Carter

photomanips i've made out of multiple stock photos (not mine, usually gotten at sxc.hu) and pasted back together in photoshop. the process is a bit like humpty dumpty than anything preplanned. but it's pretty simple. use the pen tool to cut out the pieces, and then drop them in place on a new document or background photo, if you have one. after the pieces are in place and resized to fit where they need to go, try to flip them so the light is on the same side of each piece. you may need to build parts of some of your pieces.. then match the tones and colors using adj. layers.

sorry if you've seen some of these before, not sure which ones, if any, were posted. i'm trying to work on some video tutorials for some basic ps stuff, but for whatever reason none of the software i've tried will record audio, even though all of them have said it works.. the mic works with audacity and records with no issues, but i still think i have a problem with the sound card or the driver.
------------------------

this first one is work i never really finished, needs some work on the shadows to make it sit better. the kraken was made out of a texture with some gothic writing on it and the side of the book it's sitting on. just cut out and warped into shape with the transform tools. same with the ship and clouds (this was run through the swirl or spin plugin on ps).

2 photos, 1 map

an old piece from 2009/2010. i loved this old building, then i found out where it was. oddly enough, it was about an hour away from the tetons, which is where we usually vacation every year. so in 2011 we visited. still looks pretty much the same, except the steeple/cupola or whatever it is on top has fallen off.

4 photos

yes, i know it's a tortoise. [doh] actually, i knew that when i used the stock, but couldn't find a free stock photo of a turtle taken at the right angle.

6 photos and some brushes.

4 photos and some brushes (waves and cloud over the tub)

the rocket series. rocket was built in each photo using layer styles and copies of the other layers. all of the skies were built out of two sky photos, and the water in the last came from two photos of water.

4 photos and a texture

6 photos and a texture

6 photos and a texture

Last edited:
You're pretty good at all this Photoshop malarkey aren't you Beth[stalkeyes].

Back