Summer Heat - Coffee / Cyanotype

Shot last summer in the studio when the temperatures outside were in the high 30's. As discussed in the Liquid Emulsion thread, this is part of a series of coffee stained cyanotype simulations (I plan to do them using an analogue process when I get the time - maybe via digital negatives). They were shot on a Cambo Legend onto a PhaseOne P45 back mounted on a PhaseOne Flex Adapter sliding back using a Cooke Soft Focus lens. PP was done using LR, PS and NikSilverFX Pro. Although they were shot with a 5x4 aspect ratio it was always my intention to print the 1:1 as they were going into square frames (is there any other shape?).

CoffeCyanotype-1.jpg

That is lovely. The pose and the highlights off her cheek and neck really give the sense of heat and humidity. (She must have had to peel herself off that leather couch I imagine.) It's very 1930's-ish. I love it Pete!

I love the three of them! The second one almost looks like a painting!
Anyway, the photographer doesn't have much merit here having such a gorgeous model... I say that's cheating!

I feel hot a sweaty just looking at these images Pete! ;)

I actually like #1 best - it conveys a great story

Had a look at their website, it is really good to see an English company still making highly technical things. We have a long history of engineering excellence but seem to be throwing it all away in favour of cheaper imports made by people who don't really care about the quality of the end product.

its just becoming harder and to keep up with reading all posts ... :)

this screen is getting harder to get to ... :)

Untitled-1-3.jpg

I know what you mean Hamish! I was away yesterday so hadn't logged on for a day and a half, only to find over 200 new posts!!!:eek:.

Back