Critique Welcomed That one time Volvo was cool

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
48069813292_4ee605652d_o.jpg

Spotted today in an alley in University Heights.

A neighbor lady said it hadn't moved in years - by the look of the house it was parked next to, the owner didn't get out much, if at all. It was falling to pieces. But the old Volvo still looked cool.

It's a 1970's model of the P1800 the Saint used to drive I think. P1800E if I got it right.

GFX50R and 45mm lens - RNI Polaroid in post

A neighbor lady said it hadn't moved in years - by the look of the house it was parked next to, the owner didn't get out much, if at all. It was falling to pieces. But the old Volvo still looked cool.

It's a 1970's model of the P1800 the Saint used to drive I think. P1800E if I got it right.

GFX50R and 45mm lens - RNI Polaroid in post

Nice photo!! That is a happening car! I really need to take a look at RNI. I am still frustrated withC1. It's the stupid keystone/straightening thing. I cannot figure it out.

Well, regarding RNI - I just bought their Lite version, but didn't realise it doesn't work with the stand-alone version of Lightroom - I have LR 6.41. So I wrote to them asking for a refund, and await a reply.

Well, regarding RNI - I just bought their Lite version, but didn't realise it doesn't work with the stand-alone version of Lightroom - I have LR 6.41. So I wrote to them asking for a refund, and await a reply.

You are in the same boat I am in. I do not want to pay that monthly fee. The red in the other photo is VSCO. It can be a bit heavy handed though. I like a few of them. I have been really impressed with the RNI Chris has posted. He takes great photos though. Not sure it would help me. I switched over the Capture One, but I am having a hard time learning how to use it. I have to be very careful not to upgrade the operating system on my computer because the newest one will not run my old version of LR.

I hate the Adobe trap - I called them and ranted at some poor helpdesk guy when they went to subscription, not that it was his fault but it made me feel better!

RNI is a British company Rob, so worst case you could show on on their doorstep and look menacing - they're in the big smoke I think.

Bastards...Hiding behind Adobe. What has it cost them for my download? And, by the way, I never said I didn't like the product.

"Dear Rob,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you didn't like one of our products.

Unfortunately all Adobe Lightroom presets, Capture One styles and camera profiles are intangible digital goods and can't be returned or exchanged. For that reason we don't accept refund requests as stated in our policies, and no other major preset vendor does.

Sorry if any inconvenience

Regards

RNI Support"

Bastards...Hiding behind Adobe. What has it cost them for my download? And, by the way, I never said I didn't like the product.

"Dear Rob,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you didn't like one of our products.

Unfortunately all Adobe Lightroom presets, Capture One styles and camera profiles are intangible digital goods and can't be returned or exchanged. For that reason we don't accept refund requests as stated in our policies, and no other major preset vendor does.

Sorry if any inconvenience

Regards

RNI Support"
Did you use a Card?

Go via your card company and request a refund as goods not fit for purpose

I do like the colours in that. The worn-out old car and run-down building match each other well.
Thanks Dave - the Polaroid options in RNI have some really nice muted tones

What can I add. A wonderful classic car and a gorgeously rendered image of it (shame about the truck though).
Thanks Pete

Tried to cut out the truck, but I needed the space in front of the Volvo for comp :(

Back