Wedding on a farm

Give it a go, I don't mind people tinkering with my photos it's a good way to learn stuff I reckon!
Yes this image is actually quite desaturated, I have then re-saturated it with a split tone highlight then upped the contrast and tinkered with the colours slightly ...

I did remove the door, but a lot of the point of the image is the background, it's actually the brides fathers farm and she had aparently dreamed of having her wedding reception at the farm since she was a kid... She just didn't know she wanted a photo infront of the barn :)

I have a title for the photo when you're done....

'cementing the relationship'

You see, she's standing in front of.... Oh never mind, I'll get my coat! LOL

Although the edge of the door and the padlock does make an interesting comment about chastity is nothing else! I'm not sure that it works as a wedding photo as well as it works as a fine art photo. A bit Quintin Tarrentino with his mixing up of genres in his scenes.

Perhaps your right

This is one of the more traditional shots

_DSC3425.jpg

I don't even know if I like that any more... I hate my brain... I was really please with these photos not so long ago...
It's the problem with enthusiastic post process used in a bid to create something more eye catching and to stand out from all the other photos that were taken at a wedding by the guests... I love it one day then a week later I can't look at it anymore!

Hamish, If I may and hope you don't mind..... I think the photo is fine but looks better warmed up a little. The easiest way to do this is to use Windows Picture Viewer on Vista. The colour temp slider is quite effective at giving photos that yellow sunkist effect. Of course my monitor is miles out of calibration compared to yours but hopefully the pic below shows what I mean.

_DSC3425.jpg

It looks warm on the screen at home, but I know what you mean, I did battle with the colour temp/split tone quite a lot and it's a "feel" to my wedding images that I think I'm still working on... It is at least now something that clients seem to book me for so if they like it, im happy...

Windows picture viewer ... Are you having a laugh ;)

Back