Critique Welcomed What Are The Odds?

Brian Moore

Taking the train into Los Angeles I spotted something amazingly interesting going on in the great concrete flood channel we call the L.A. River. I cannot now recall what the amazingly interesting thing was (I snapped this photo about 7 months ago,...just got around to developing my stored up color film this past fweekend), but whatever it was it was happening behind the pole. :(

Canon P with Kodak Portra 400 film.

My first thought was that it was probably a 15m tall sauropod, previously believed to have gone extinct several million years ago, chasing that cyclist. But then I realised that you'd still be able to see the shadow. So it was probably just a lion that had escaped from the local zoo. Hardly worth wasting a shot for! ;)

So it was probably just a lion that had escaped from the local zoo. Hardly worth wasting a shot for!
What do you take me for Mr. Askew,...a rapid fire digital chimper? No,...whatever was behind that pole was far more amazing and interesting than a mere escaped lion chasing a cyclist. You said it yourself,...hardly worth wasting a shot for.;)

The cyclist is pedalling hard to get out of the way of the Acme 100 ton weight that Wile E. Cyote has just dropped from the top of the gantry.
Now THAT would have been worth a shot, Dave! :)

Nice timing on the pole (at little out of focus) - at least it is not your thumb (or finger), or camera strap.
Thanks John,...now that you mention it maybe I was trying to get a picture of that pole!? (I did pretty good but that damn cyclist spoiled the shot!:mad:)

Back