What's tour favourite Hitchcock film?

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
I'm no expert on Hitchcock by any stretch but I do like a lot of his film

Channel 5 did me justice yesterday and put 2 of his films on back to back
Rear window and north by northwest

I enjoyed north by northwest but rear window is just fantasic!

My favorite though (of his films I have yet seen) is 'Dial M for murder'

What I love about it is the way it is shot almost entirely within the one room ...
The dialogue is fantastic and the long unbroken shots really involve you in the story ...

Any others that anyone can recommend to me based on my love of rear window and dial m...

I saw a break down of the shots used to build the tension in the Psycho shower scene - pure genius how it was all put together.

I was going to say that they don't make 'em like that any more - but they probably do, just different subjects these days.

If you watch the new movie, the king's speech, it has some absolutely fantastic camera work, and some of the shots used are just genius - plot and acting is good too! :)

I've only seen the remake of psyco ...
It's apparently a shot for shot remake ... Vince vaugn is in it ... It's actually pretty good so I guess I'd like the original ...
Vertigo is on my watch list

Maybe I should just change this to a recommend a film thread..

Yeah Hannah wants to watch the kings speech ... It does look good I have to say

I'll tell you another bit of good dialogue/shot ... The opening bit in inglorious bastereds with the Nazi in the farm building on the hill .... The rest of the film wa ok, but that bit was genius .... To be fair though, that sort of thing is tarantinos thing

The Birds has made me shiver just thinking about it ever since I first saw it when I was about 13.

Back