Barns and mountains

Chris Bennett

I returned from a trip to the US last week and I am still going through the photos we took. We went on an epic 3,400 mile drive through seven states, beginning in San Francisco, out to Yellowstone through Nevada and Utah, then heading back through Idaho and Oregon. Many of the focal points were places we have previously visited and an early highlight was the Grand Teton mountains in Wyoming.

The Tetons are interesting because they rise straight out of the valley floor with no foothills. They look great with a deserted barn in the foreground!

42310795954_38216c4dde_h.jpg

Couldn't decide which image I liked the most, so I thought you ought to see both of them.

29136223638_6c11d21bca_h.jpg

I read about these mountains years ago and instantly knew I had to go there to see them for myself. Now, I would jump at the chance to visit them again for a third time.

Two great shots but that first one is the topper for me, Chris. The flare is icing on the cake. (My daughter and son-in-law were up that way a week or two ago as well. Did you happen to notice a young couple with an adorably cute golden doodle?)

Back