Car Graveyard....and mummy! :)

Dan Cattermole

Dan Down - The Steampunk Womble
Hi folks
I've joined a website called 28dayslater. It's basically a forum where people do whats called 'Urban Exploring'
I'm sure many of you have heard this before. Unfortunately, this Urban Exploration or Urbex receives bad press by tarnishing reckless yobs who have nothing better to do than destroy and vandalise british/national heritage.

However, true 'Urbexers' find it somewhat interseting to document/explore derelicted buildings, Asylums, hospitals, barns, tunnels, drains, intustries, mills, and the list continues.......
Let's not be mistaken, potentially this interest can carry many many risks, but anyone in their right mind wouldn't do anything stupendously daft :/ at least I wouldn't anyway.
People post sites that they have discovered, give a history of the building through research, and upload pictures to display the current state of these places..... great to keep a record

The great thing about this site (and others out there) is that people put themselves into these positions to show others whats behind closed doors
Quote '
just who decides which doors are closed in our world and whose interest do they serve? Do we wish to be kept in the dark, permanently safe, free from either harm or adventure?' Quote (beautyIN decay)

I admit guys and gals, I AM a thrill seeker, I stare in the face of danger........ then run off. lol.

Anyway, on to the photos
This was taken on a barn opposite the Robin Hood pub just before jnc 5 of the M5 droitwich side.
The house/barns have been empty for YEARS and is pretty much falling apart, sensibly as I was on my own, I did not enter. so I might take a revisit with a companion.
The cars there are incredible!! but as light was beginning to fade...... I (tut) did a Light Mummy. haha!!
I haven't done one for nearly 10 months or so, bit out of practice, but I tried my best :p
For those who haven't seen my light mummy sagas, just type in 'light mummy' in the RPF forum search engine.
but for those who have seen it a (tut) ..... not again!!! hahahahaaa!!!. lol

Attemping to revive the old Citroen
PA253975.jpg

PA253974.jpg

Vauxhall Viva..... Nice!!
PA253965.jpg

Many Many thanks for looking guys :)

Nice one Dan.....great visit.and the mummy........good disguise...........only there is a flaw in it.......DAN! :)

Nice one Dan.....great visit.and the mummy........good disguise...........only there is a flaw in it.......DAN! :)

Cheers Kev you cheeky git. :p
I'm gonna have to send the Light Mummy out to get you now. :D :D :D :D

Great to see the Light Mummy resurrected. Obviously not yet strong enough to raise an old Citroen from the dead yet though. Still, as the evening draw in and Halloween gets ever closer...

Thanks Pete, Not quite good enough to get the old Citroen ticking over, been out of prcatice. lol
and as for the Halloween mention.... Could be a new theme..... Yeah!!! Mwahahaha!!! lol
What do you think guys? Halloween Theme?

Bargain!!! £80 for a set of classic wheels! :)

Am Waiting for you mummy! :p:D My first was a thirty quid 1968 Triumph Herald 1200 in Blue..LOL 583F now that's sad that I can remember the reg plate after all this time, must be the fear of the mumMy :)

Haha. I've been ripped off!! mine was £360 sheets!! Mind you, that was only ten years ago.... you old codgers! :D :D :D :D :D

Dan - that barn and those cars are just begging for an HDR treatment!

Great series

Dan - that barn and those cars are just begging for an HDR treatment!

Great series

I played with the tone curve a bit, but, I've only got LR 2.6 and photoshop elements 2..... Is there a way?? :/
Or can some point into the right direction?? I'd love to HDR it .... :)

I did this one using Simple HDR app on my iPhone.
Don't think it does it any justice though. :/

image.jpg

it doesnt really help a lot never tried HDR though myself and I have Lightroom 3.5 and photoshop CS5 at my disposal lol only got both because my other half is doing a computer course at the local college so paid £200 for the pair as a bundle

It looks like you only have the one exposure so you'll have to open the raw image and do a save as twice with different file names like High & low. Open all three images and up the exposure and High and drop exposure on low. Stack them as layers in Photoshop and use the masks. Basically you want to see all the bits from each layer that have the exposure you want to see.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks guys!
And thanks for the tip Paul, I'll look into that.

it doesnt really help a lot never tried HDR though myself and I have Lightroom 3.5 and photoshop CS5 at my disposal lol only got both because my other half is doing a computer course at the local college so paid £200 for the pair as a bundle

£200 quid for both, lucky bugger!!!!

This is an extreme example, and based on the JPEG only, so it's a little rough - but you get the idea on how all that detail and texture can come to life

web.jpg

Back