Caught A New...

Member this weekend! Seems a very nice chap. Odd though, made a faint whirring noise when he walked and has a slightly electronic voice. Kept asking about seagulls! But, as I say, seems a nice chap. :)

DSD-1_zps3690403e.jpg~original

Sigma DP2 Merrill. ISO 100, 1/125s at f1:2.8. SPP, LR and Nik ColorFX 4 Pro.

That for me is a really good shot, apart from those seagulls which I have no idea about. the patterns the wall and window make are superb.

Very nice, Pete. Love the detail and soft colors, and the face peeking out in one of the few clear panes is great. I'm not sure how I feel about the ghetto electrical work to the left of the window - I might try cropping on that edge. It just seems so out of place in an otherwise timeless scene.

I'm pretty sure those cables were put in in 1076 when they built the tower, seems a shame to leave them out! ;) I also have always liked the bit of carrier bag stuffed into the hole in the glass on the right. I know what you mean Keith but it is that contrast I like. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure those cables were put in in 1076 when they built the tower, seems a shame to leave them out! ;) I also have always liked the bit of carrier bag stuffed into the hole in the glass on the right. I know what you mean Keith but it is that contrast I like. Thanks.
Exactly the contrast. For a number of years I worked in a listed building where I ran tours of the establishment. You would not believe the way the "modern" cabling was installed. The building housed a private school and contracters had free reign with little or no supervision. No surprise then that the cabling resembled the London A-Z
So the cabling in this shot becomes an asset albeit a humorous one.
But I can see where Keith is coming from too.

Back