Cheap as Chips Challenge! RPF Photo Competition

Sound. Wasn't aware of this one. I've been scanning ebay this week for some bargins anyway.

Ow by the way, the pound shop has 35mm film, for people looking to spend most of their cash on the camera

Im thinking I might extend the deadline for entry a bit... what do we think?
Suits me, since that would be an extension of what has become for me a thinly-veiled excuse to buy more cameras. ;)

Same here I have bought 5 so far and about 15 rolls of film, just finding it hard to decide what to shoot on my limited 36 exp on the first camera (to stay within the rules of the competition), don't want to waste those precious shots. All the extra cameras are a hidden bonus really.

just finding it hard to decide what to shoot on my limited 36 exp on the first camera (to stay within the rules of the competition),
Wait Ben,...you don't have to shoot with the "first" camera you bought,...you just have to shoot with "a" camera you bought fir under a tenner,...right?

What kind Robert? (Here in USA their is a "99 Cent Only" store that sells film. It's called "Memories" and it's 200 ASA. It's actually re-branded Fuji film.)

Th elast time I checked, which was quite a while ago, they had Kodak gold 200 iso - not the best film but worth buying for £1! I am hopeing they will be out of date - might get some crazy effects

Purchased a Nikon 700VR QD, known as Zoom-Touch 105 VR QD. Nikon's first VR camera. Found it working no issues for $10 in a church sale. The folks throw-in 5 rolls of film 4 of 400ASA MAX color and one role of ultra color pro 400. Dated 2006. I wanted to take the photos this weekend and will get them on the site by Monday or Tuesday.

I understand the camera first appeared in 1994, a very limited release. I can write about this camera if you guys are interested.

Duane

Last edited:
im still needing a camera after getting stiffed on the first one :(

I almost had one of them Trips Hammish but they keep going over budget lol

Nikon 105VRQD Results

Using the donated film, Max 400 2006, I was able to take these shots. I used Costco for the development. And being a little lazy I scanned the prints, not the negs. Since this is the first run at posting to this site; please excuse my errors. Here's one of the first pictures. Several more to come. Total cost was $10 for camera and film.

scan0002.jpg

Back