Diglis fire works

Dan Cattermole

Dan Down - The Steampunk Womble
Here are a few pictures of wire wool spins I did in Diglis Worcester.. I had Tom by my side and that wierd bloke Hamish who's fond of these masks... horses..gas maks etc. Hahahahaha!!!

Such a common thing these wire wool spins, see them EVERYWHERE with anything to do with 'light painting'. We were all strapped for time so this is all I had to offer, would of loved to have chucked a light mummy in the shot somewhere to give it my signature twist, but yet again, time......

Hope you enjoy

Attachments

• P3233273p copy-2-2.jpg
    P3233273p copy-2-2.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 23
  • P3233273p copy-2.jpg
    P3233273p copy-2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 30
  • P3233277gg copy-2.jpg
    P3233277gg copy-2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 32
I must admitt, I like number 2 as my fav so far, maybe 3..... aww I dont know!!! as for the extra colours pete, Tom and I messed around with laser pens on an exposure and I'd thought Id chuck them in the mix. lol.

So maybe I missed the post - but how the hell do you make all that sparky stuff then?

So maybe I missed the post - but how the hell do you make all that sparky stuff then?

wire wool, a 9 volt battery a kitchen wisk and some rope ... Dan was actually the 5th member of the "A Team" but because of him looking too much like Paul Catermole out of "s club 7" and his catch phrase being "i want my mummy" he was deemed a bit "soft" for the role

Chris, what Hamish has described with the tools is correct.... Further more, the (hand full) wire wool ( preferably fine grade) is inserted inside the bell whisk, and a 9v battery is used to 'ignite' the wool. Once the wire wool is burning it needs a great deal of oxygen to keep the process going, so get spinning, thus causing molten steel to fly out of the whisk, sounds dangerous and it is. if ever tried, do it in an area where there is no flammables, dry grass and certainly not in doors!! Check the surrounding area for any fires. Don't underestimate the unpredictable paths of where flying molten steel can land, and don't be stupid like me and wear flammable clothing whilst carrying out a spin.
Thought I had to add the caution factor in there in case anyone tried it. :)

dan in action

_DSC5138.jpg

Cooooo!!!!! Was that when I was waiting for you guys at the place I said I would meet you and you just didn't bother turning up... Great shot mate likethe industrial background.... Would have been nice to get some action shots of me...... Oh wait no I was to busy waiting for you two no-shows!!!!!! :)

do it in an area where there is no flammables

Ah ha, that rules out California and Arizona then - we can't even let of fireworks because of the fire risk :(

You're trying to get me ejected from the country aren't you!

Back