Dogs with the Quattro

Steve Boykin

I am trying out an SD Quattro. I like that it shoots 4:3. There can't be a better built $700 camera. It's built like the proverbial tank. It actually works better in manual focus I think. This is with the 18-35 1.8 zoom. It also lets you save the files at DNG if you don't want to use Sigma Photo Pro. I kind of like SPP. Anyway the first one is DNG and the second is in SPP in monochrome mode.

I did manage to stop them from rolling in some kind of horrible smelling poop this AM. They weren't too happy about that.

Attachments

• 061403.jpg
    061403.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 061404.jpg
    061404.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 5
Yeah fine portraits. I like the SD Quattro too, and for the money I don't think you can beat the available resolution. I have the 30mm Art lens. It's a big combo.

Yeah fine portraits. I like the SD Quattro too, and for the money I don't think you can beat the available resolution. I have the 30mm Art lens. It's a big combo.

I bid on one with the 30 (not the H) on a lark on Ebay. I got it for $500+ shipping of $14. The person had hardly used it. So I got an 18-35 from Japan for $400 + shipping. I had been thinking of buying one for awhile from B&H so I figure I would have paid $899 for the camera and the 30 new. The 30 is a great lens! It's a bit of a handful with the zoom but that is also a really impressive lens. I have become more of a 28 person in the last year so I wanted some kind of 28 for it and this was the closest thing besides spending a fortune on the 20mm. The darn thing is now I am wanting to try out the H......sigh...... I think you can adapt M42 lenses for it. The focus peaking on the camera is really good. I don't see how you could get a better made camera for $700. This thing is rugged in the extreme. Very pleased with it. It's a big camera but I prefer big over small and fiddly. My reading eyesight isn't the greatest so it helps me out.

Back