Eat your Brussels Sprouts!

Darren Bradley

My wife made these for dinner the other night and asked me to record the moment for posterity. They were tasty!

Camera Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Exposure 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture f/4.0
Focal Length 70 mm
ISO Speed 400

I want to eat that. :p

Wait,...didn't I see that image in a culinary magazine? I kid! And what I mean is it SHOULD be in a culinary mag. Very nice shot, Darren.

Ha! I don't actually have much of a clue what I'm doing, food photography-wise, and I don't have the lighting kit and other things the pros use. But I just try to imitate the style of photos you see in food magazines and hope it works out.

Yummy!! Is that parmesan cheese on there too..... Mmmm, good idea to illuminate that 'chemical' for you Paul? Lol

Yes, these are crispy brussel sprouts with a balsamic-port reduction, bacon, and shaved parmesan cheese. I'm not a fan of brussel sprouts usually, either, but there are great.

Very stylish - really hitting the spot - would look at home in many a top foody magazine

Still wouldn't eat them though - I hate 'em with a passion :(

Sprouts

I love em You should ask your better half to put the recipe on here so we can all have a go, great shot to & would give many a PRO food photographer a run for their money.

... in the not to distant future we shall be looking at affiliating our selves with a certain other members food forum ... just thought that might be of interest!

Great shot ... sprouts ming, but that looks really tasty

Back