Critique Welcomed Eucalyptus melliodora (probably)

Stevenson Gawen

DSC_2817.jpg
You could call these magnificent trees survivors - parts of the Monaro district of New South Wales were always treeless plains, but large parts have been further cleared with only remnants like these remaining.

On the other hand it means they're easier to photograph. :)

It was a bit hard to choose which trees to focus on in the 10 minutes I had before the sun dropped below the horizon. I was also on my way to the astrophotography evening mentioned in a different thread... so if you'd been there you'd have seen me hoofing it over the hillside from the road for all I was worth! 😄

Last edited:
You seem to have picked the perfect light for this photo, Stevenson. By the way, in Southern California, where I used to live, we had many eucalyptus trees. We had two varieties. One had a reddish bark. Both species were tall and elegant and seemed to constantly exfoliate bark. I read somewhere that they were not native to Southern California, but in fact were originally imported from Australia. They evidently liked the SoCal climate and proliferated accordingly. The one in my neighbor's garden shed leaves prodigiously,...and they all fell into my pool. Every single one of them! :(

Back