Faded but Still Splendid

I have a large collection of faded flowers and seed pods that I have been wanting to create a series of images using (and I bought a few more exotic seeds from the Biospäre Potsdam on Saturday - Biosphäre Potsdam). After lunch today I decided to have a quick play using just light from a skylight and a reflector. Still needs some work on the angles and lighting and I probably need to shoot a bit longer to give me some extra depth of field (although I want some OOF elements). Showing promise though.

Bloom-1.jpg

Bloom-2.jpg

Hasselblad 503CW + Zeiss 120mm Makro-Planar f1:4.0. 1s at f1:11 and f1:8.0 respectively onto a PhaseOne P20 back. A 56mm extension tube was used in the first shot. PP in CaptureOne Pro 6, LR and Nik ColorFX 2.

Last edited:
The pictures are amazing, Pete, I really do like them a lot :)

I have a large collection of faded flowers and seed pods that I have been wanting to create a series of images using (and I bought a few more exotic seeds from the Biospäre Potsdam on Saturday - Biosphäre Potsdam). After lunch today I decided to have a quick play using just light from a skylight and a reflector. Still needs some work on the angles and lighting and I probably need to shoot a bit longer to give me some extra depth of field (although I want some OOF elements). Showing promise though.

Bloom-1.jpg

Bloom-2.jpg

Hasselblad 503CW + Zeiss 120mm Makro-Planar f1:4.0. 1s at f1:11 and f1:8.0 respectively onto a PhaseOne P20 back. A 56mm extension tube was used in the first shot. PP in CaptureOne Pro 6, LR and Nik ColorFX 2.

I like #1 for the tonal range, and the OOF elements in the background

Sounds like a great idea for a project Pete

Back