First Fuji X-T20 shots

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
Just the kit 16-50 XC lens, Fuji's cheapest X-series lens. So this is more about me getting a feel for the camera before investing in one or two quality lenses. It's okay. I'm not blown away by it, but there are possibilities.

First, three metal abstracts...

metal.jpg

leaves.jpg

scores.jpg

B&W rendered in Lightroom:

scene.jpg

Crazy Fuji colour:

reds.jpg

landscape.jpg

The jury's still out. It was either this or the Sigma SD and (eventually) two or three lenses. Hard to tell without a quality lens on it.

Yes, those reds are over the top, but to be fair to Fuji, that tree did jump out from the entire landscape. It wasn't just red, it was RED!!!

I desaturated the leaves in the 2nd image, restoring a bit of colour for the cropped final image. It's not a poor lens, by any means, as the crop shows, just not as good as others in the range. But it will suffice for the present.

I said it earlier on, congratulations on the camera. The lens is not bad Rob. I have the 18 - 55/f2,8 -4 and it is a workhorse. Whenever I am travelling, that's the one I tag along as well as the 55- 200mm and the 35mm/f2 That's it. I love them all. Oh, the first one I loved, pictures I mean, and many of the others too.

Back