Fuji X - Round 2 [added Link To Blog Article]

Keith, I've read lots of reviews about the X100S, and none of them mention the problems you mention, so I'm thinking you did indeed get a dud. Many regard it a modern classic, modern-retro, that is. But I'm delighted you are enjoying the XE2.

I have no idea what happened with the X100S, but I'm happy with this camera.

Was taking some ISO 6400 shots of our kitten this morning and after processing them realized that between 3200 and 6400 I lost something. The 6400 shots are actually pretty low noise - that's not the issue. But no matter what tricks I tried, I couldn't quite manage to get the luminosity and depth in the images that was still there at 3200. So it looks like the "knee of the curve" with regard to IQ is somewhere in that ISO 3200 to 6400 band. Images are still good - just not great.

Maybe if you try capture one for raw files, i have heard good stories about it.
There is a demo version of it.
Got nothing to lose.

I also own the XE2, but so far i like what I see.
Leaving for New York in a few weeks, i will surely have great places to shoot
With the 18-55
The OIS is great stabilizer, it really locks the frame when you had too many coffees.

I live i. Montréal and the weather is cold, the camera does,nt like it, specially the viewfinder sensor.
So i need a little bag.Its also small enough to put it in my jacket.
Love the camera, compare to my 5D mkII

Welcome to RPF Andy, glad you found us. Looking forward to the pictures from New York. :)

Thank you Pete, yes I look forward too, but I would need a wide angle lens, since NY has that feel for wide angle.
Last year I shot NY with my 5DII and at the end of the day, my neck hurt cause the lenses I was carrying were heavy for a 6-8 hours walk.
I'm looking to get the 14 2.8 and 35 1.4
Then I can do different ambiance.
The X-E2 is doing great, great reviews

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/eq...temcameras/129711/1/fujifilm-x-e2-review.html

The Focus speed is good enough for me, I don't need that much speed since I like to use this camera as urban, landscape.

What do you think of the EVF Kieth? I think the one of the Xpro 1 is terrible, also I think the screen is too.

I think it is pretty good - much better than the EVF in the X100S I tried, the main difference being the refresh rate is significantly higher and doesn't degrade nearly as quickly in low light. I think from a size, color and resolution standpoint it is excellent. It still stutters at times and a friend of mine who tried one sent it back, saying he couldn't stand the "tearing". Of course he is happy with the EVF in the Panasonic GX7 I sold him and I thought its EVF was pants compared to the X-E2o_O

The Olympus E-M1 and VF-4 accessory are probably as good as it gets right now. I think the X-E2 is a little sharper/contrastier, but the refresh rate is more consistent on the Oly.

If the X-Pro1 is anything like the X100S, this is a huge improvement IMHO.

Thank you Pete, yes I look forward too, but I would need a wide angle lens, since NY has that feel for wide angle.
Last year I shot NY with my 5DII and at the end of the day, my neck hurt cause the lenses I was carrying were heavy for a 6-8 hours walk.
I'm looking to get the 14 2.8 and 35 1.4
Then I can do different ambiance.
The X-E2 is doing great, great reviews

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/eq...temcameras/129711/1/fujifilm-x-e2-review.html

The Focus speed is good enough for me, I don't need that much speed since I like to use this camera as urban, landscape.

The 14mm is an outstanding lens - a big reason I'm shooting with the system right now. A really exceptional piece of glass for a reasonable price compared to the usual suspects (Nikon 24/1.4G, Zeiss 21mm ZF, etc). The AF is pretty fast, too (at least for a Fuji).

I think it is pretty good - much better than the EVF in the X100S I tried, the main difference being the refresh rate is significantly higher and doesn't degrade nearly as quickly in low light. I think from a size, color and resolution standpoint it is excellent. It still stutters at times and a friend of mine who tried one sent it back, saying he couldn't stand the "tearing". Of course he is happy with the EVF in the Panasonic GX7 I sold him and I thought its EVF was pants compared to the X-E2o_O

The Olympus E-M1 and VF-4 accessory are probably as good as it gets right now. I think the X-E2 is a little sharper/contrastier, but the refresh rate is more consistent on the Oly.

If the X-Pro1 is anything like the X100S, this is a huge improvement IMHO.

Yes, its a lot faster!
Depends of your need, he has to try it.
There are differences between a DSLR and a Fuji mirrorless, but most people that buy the Fuji X series, are going for quality, and manual design.
Also nice lenses, and really lite.

I think we might have a slight communications error - I meant the E-M1 EVF and the VF-4 accessory EVF for the E-P5 are as good as it gets for electronic viewfinders. I was not making a comparison about the cameras as a whole. And the E-M1 is mirrorless, it just looks like a modern DSLR.

no worries - just didn't want someone to think I was recommending the E-M1 over the Fuji. The Olympus is a great camera operationally, but I much prefer what comes off the sensor in the Fuji (which is the whole point of this anyway).

Really, what is the most important part of photography?
I like a good sensor, for sure, but I've purchased the Fuji mainly for it is compact, and fits my needs.Pics looks great enough for my Facebook page :rolleyes:
I just shot a few pics out on the cold today, the battery ran dry fast! It wasn't fully charged also, so its my fault!
I was wondering about the dial for bracketing exposure, it is only working in A mode I think.....is it?

Back