Critique Welcomed First trip photos in :D

David Mitchell

Hi all,

I have my first roll of film through my Trip, all shots are taken on automatic using poundland Agfa Vista plus film, scanned at 2400dpi on my V600, post processed slightly (clarity and saturation a bit) and then exported as a 300dpi jpeg.

Film cost £1 to buy, £3 to develop locally - all in cost is cheaper than a single roll of HP5.

Here are the shots I am happy with - finally managed to have a nice sky in some of my photos, its always either cloudless or overcast lol.

Wonderful. The second is my favourite - such great colours - but they are all good. Great little camera, isn't it?

Thanks Rob, yeah I enjoyed shooting on it, it really is a nice point and shoot, I have bumped the colours slightly but not by much, I am impressed with the sharpness of the lens as well. It also shows how quiet the camera is as no-one looked around when I took that shot inside Paddington with all the people walking out from their train.

I didn't feel limited with the 36 shots either which is why some are in London and some are local, although only 25% of the shots I felt were worth processing through and uploading. The rest were ok, but I found the above images to be my favorite with regards to interest.

Its also quite nice to have a wide normal lens at 40mm you can get a fair bit in but you still need to choose the shots carefully to get the right framing.

The camera didn't miss a beat and found I could wind the camera on, then put it in the case, if the button was knocked it wouldn't fire as it would be too dark and would have shown the red flag. I think all of them were shot at infinity focus (my favorite sort of focus lol) and I am guessing quite a few were stopped down on the bright day which is why its got detail. None of my shots were blurred at all, I think the slowest shutter speed is above the hand held shake limit so fast enough to not be worried.

Looking good David and I agree with Rob, the second is rather special. :)

Thanks Pete, its one of those shots where I felt, I like the colours and the distressed look as its the older bridge you see in shot 1. To be honest I thought I had completly missed focus on it but it seems to have come out pretty good. All that was really done was to bump the colours slightly owing to the slightly lower saturation of the cheap Agfa film.

Here is the completly original scan unmodded and uncropped - its a bit washed out due to the backlight on the scanner which is why I feel that just a few tweeks can really enhance an image back to how it looked when I shot it.

Last edited:
Back