Flowers on an iPad

Dave Kendrick

Lilly1.jpgLilly2.jpgHi guys,
Please forgive any amateur efforts but this is a double first for me. - first post using an iPad and first attempt at adding a pic using safari. My wife has recently 'invested' in an iPad and took some photos of some new flowers in our garden. - I was so impressed with the quality of the images I thought I'd share them with you, always assuming I can manage to attach them :) .
For the record they are sold as 'Tree Lillies' and they measure 8" or 20cms from tip to tip. Now to try to attach them.

Lilly1.jpg

Lilly2.jpg

Lilly3.jpg

Sorry guys this is the best I can do - when using PhotoBucket IMG option I keep getting the message "Invalid URL" - bloody computers!!:mad:

Dave.

Last edited:
Dave, I'm not going to do it for you, because if I do then you won't learn your self ;) (dad practice ;))
Go to the app store on the iPad,
download the photobucket app,
Sign in or create and account
Upload the image to photobucket on the iPad
Copy the img code
Paste it to the thread
Easy as Pie!

Dave, I'm not going to do it for you, because if I do then you won't learn your self ;) (dad practice ;))
Go to the app store on the iPad,
download the photobucket app,
Sign in or create and account
Upload the image to photobucket on the iPad
Copy the img code
Paste it to the thread
Easy as Pie!

Hi Hamish,
Dad mode huh!! :) - enjoy it while you can mate, they're not always gonna be as obedient as I'm gonna be :) .
As it happens I already have a photobucket account so it shouldn't be too difficult, even for me :D . The reason I appealed for help was there appeared to be a facility for inserting pics straight off the PC (as well as from a URL) but it was greyed out. I assumed there must be a way of doing it from the PC but numptie me couldn't figure it out.
I'll put them up via the photobucket route later this morning when SWMBO 'permits' me a few minutes on her new toy :D .
Dave.

Last edited:
Bloody hell - those are iPad photos?

Congrats on her new toy BTW ;)

Hi Chris,
Yes, I can assure you that they are iPad photos taken yesterday (I think) in our back garden. Full scale on the iPad screen (which seems to be very high resolution) they are even more impressive, believe me, hence my wish to share them.

Hi Hamish,
You might as well ask a caveman how to make a nuclear bomb, asking me that question - you have the e-mail copies I sent you, are they any bigger?
I tried to send them using photobucket without success. I had my photobucket home page open on my netbook under IE and on the iPad under Safari and both pages were identical except that the Safari screen did not show the green 'Upload' button - puzzled me!!. So I mailed them to me on a different e-mail address, from the iPad to my netbook and uploaded them to PhotBucket from there, all without problems. But when I clicked on the IMG tab in PhotoBucket everything seemed normal EXCEPT that when I entered the URL of each image into RPF 'Image' window I got a message saying the URL information was not valid. Because of this I could only add them to my post as a file attachment, which I did, and they've come out very small.
I cannot help you any more than that.
Cheers,
Dave.

I suspect that the uploader on Photobucket is Flash-based and so won't run on an iPad from Safari. Maybe their App will upload. When you hover over an image thumbnail in Photobucket don't you get a list of URL's etc? You just need to click the bottom one and that will say, briefly, copied and you can paste it into your post.

Hi Pete,
Thanks for your help. As Hamish will confirm I have often succeeded in loading photobucket images in my previous posts without problem. When I tried to do the same this time, hovering over the image brought up the 4 options, as usual, I clicked on the bottom one, as usual, and got a brief message 'Copied', as usual. But when I clicked on the 'Image' link and Ctrl V'd it accepted the URL but subsequently told me it was an invalid URL.
I'll try again now, just to see if it was a temporary problem: -
Lilly2.jpg

Ooops, its worked this time and I know why :) : the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box was ticked - by default, not by me - clearing that tick box allowed everything to proceed as it should, so I'll now attach the other two images: -
Lilly1.jpg

Lilly3.jpg

Hope these turn out better and larger.
Cheers,
Dave.

Mmmmm, not much bigger are they - I wonder why 'cos they look gorgeous on the iPad's screen.

Back