Hello From Lancashire

Hello to everyone here and thank you for letting me join you - this seems like the place to be and I have already been enjoying reading some of your posts so wanted to join. I photograph artworks for paying work, which I really enjoy but my real love is in nature photography, especially close-ups. Having recently purchased an old Hasselblad 500c/m, I am re-learning a lot of skills and acquiring some new ones and enjoying every minute - I hope that will make me a real photographer.

Welcome welcome welcome!!!!
Great to have new people of board. ........ So exciting! :)

Looking forward to seeing your images.... Especially with the Hazzy! :)

Welcome Denise!

Only just go a Blad myself this year - and I love using it

Really looking forward to seeing you shots - and having you join the community

Welcome, Denise. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi Denise, I also have a 500cm, although mine is woefully underused! Will look forward to seeing some shots you take on yours!

Hello and thank you all so much for your welcome messages.

I am so sorry not to have returned or responded since joining - life just got a bit busy but it's all quietened down again now so promise to post some pics soon.

I have just bought an old 135mm Zeiss macro lens with manual bellows which I am about to try out with my 500cm, so I am really excited. At last I might be able to get really close up!

Hi Pete. It is and yes, that is the same one although my bellows is the old manual type. I am still trying to get my head round the exposures - managed to suss out the sequence to be able to use it with strobes (had me fooled for a while as I don't have a double release) so now just need to work on my calculations! ;)

That copy stand you have looks ideal - I'm using a ball head clamped onto a bench at the moment so can't get enough height. I have tripods in my studio but looks like I might need to rig up something else.

Those articles were extremely useful Pete, thank you for the links. Am fascinated with your extreme macro of the tropical seedpod as that is exactly what I am hoping to achieve - have been working on such a project for the past year or so but never before been able to close enough so am hoping I can now make it work!

Quick question - I am considering picking up an old Durst enlarger to convert into a copy stand. Have you or anyone else tried it and are there any models better suited to a 'Blad with bellows etc?

Back