if you go down to the woods today!!!!!!!!

Thomas brookes

RPF Chief iPhone app Reviewer
hey

first of all this is a no mask thread!!!!!!!!! haha
popped to our local woods for a walk and smuggled the camera with me, now altho im sure you have seen and taken shots like these before. i havent and its not my usual genre so was a little out my comfort zone and just thaught i would have a go. what do you think?

DSC_5554.jpg

DSC_5557.jpg

DSC_5579.jpg

DSC_5586.jpg

DSC_5645.jpg

Very nice Thomas!!! Never know what to expect when I click on a post added by you....... Disappointed to not see what I was expecting as we share the similarity in darkness, but alternatively... Very impressive wood shot there.... Was this with your 1.8? Where was this if you don't mind me asking Tom?

Wow very good :) Love the last one. And the bokeh from the leaves in the first one are really good too. Im going to try having a go at bokeh too soon hopefully :)

Hi Tom,

I like the Dandylion heads but not the hands. How about making it abstract by just using the seeds part? The leaves is bar far my favourite of the set but I'd probably chop about 10% off the top to give a darker boundary to the edge. What to you think?

Bokeh eh?!! When I were a lad, it were just the bits out of focus!! ;) I'll post something from a Leica 50 f1 at some point. Then you'll see some bokeh!! :) (in fact, I doubt any of it will be sharp!!).

Haha 50mm f1 ... Haha haven't you even got the 0.95 ... I expect more from you Pete! ;)

That must be a 50mm series e lens Tom with hard edged "bokeh" like that?!

Nice shots though, I like mooching round woods taking photos! Nunnery wood was it?

The 1st 2 are great, I really must get round to getting a fast lens, I don't actually have one! I have a chart that will tell me the DOF but not much good on its own!

If someone said the word bokeh to me before I know what it was I probably would have thought it was something to do with 7 men standing over a naked woman.

Really liking #1 and #2, love a bit of bokeh myself...

Paul - you'll go blind mate, the InterWebs are evil ;)

Tom #1 & #5 for me. In #2 I find the large blue bokeh in the top left a bit distracking. keep up the good work mate

Back