Industrial Sunsets.

Glen Roberts

While out Birdwatching at the weekend there was a lovely sunset. Shame I only had my 400mm lens with me, a wider shot showing a bit more of the industrial landscape could have looked nice.

IndustrialSunset.jpg

IndustrialSunset2.jpg

that second one is awesome ... the first one is good ... but the sun in no.2 ... really good!
how about desaturating the green in the foreground so there is just the purples and orange tones in the whole image?

Nice shots Glen what a interesting subject

Yeah... I think Paul is right, it's often good be limited by a choice of focal length ... Would you have taken these shots if you weren't or would ou have just ended up with a possibly less interesting wide shot ..

You could have always snapped a panoramas worth and stitched them together.

I really like #1 - great stock photo for 'power'

nice to see you branching out glen :) i like the idea behind these & agree that shot 2 with that sun is impressive..............!!!

Daz

Wow Glen, that sun IS impressive!! Well caught! Great colours! Nothing I can give other than positivity!

Hamish, if I had a smaller lens with me probably would have swapped and went for a wider, and probably less interesting, shot:eek:.

Vic as for taking s few and stitching them together, the thought never even crossed my mind, I wish it had:mad: ... lol.

Darren it's not very often I branch out into something a bit different, but a change is as good as a rest now and again.....lol..

Last edited:
Great colour and I really like the smoke pouring out the chimneys :)

Ive been past the factories by Port Talbot in Wales when the suns been going down a few times, and would love to get a few shots of the huge factories with the smoke pouring out and reflecting against the lakes by the motorway. I just need a way of actually getting to them!

Back