Lens Upgrade Time

Darren Turner

XProPhotographer
I have just sold my 75-300mm Canon Is Usm & Sigma 150-500mm lens on ebay so for now i am stuck with my 17-85mm walk around lens, 10-20 Sigma & Nifty Fifty.

That is only for about a month until these beast can be ordered.........;);)

100-400.jpg

Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM

70200mm.jpg

Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM

24-105mm.jpg

Canon EF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM

Then i can sell the 17-85 as well, I cant wait for my new collection of lens........woop woop

Nice set of lenses, have you been getting a pay rise???;).

They better had be Tim to warrant the ££££ lol

well i will be in a position to order these on 18th October hopefully i should receive them a few days later....woop wooo
May even order a canon eos 7d as well.......!!

I soooooooooooooooooooooooo cant wait lol

Daz

Caaaa chinnnnggggggggg! :) :) :)

if Jessops are true to there word the "Canon EF 100-400mm" should be here tomorrow.........woop woop

haha probably Hamish.......

Fair play to canon they really got them selves together since the early days of nikon making their lenses for them....

Sorry, it gets to a point I can't resist ... Its working in a shop that sells cameras an being a nikon user... There is a certain level of banter with canon users I just feel I have to represent on here ;)

Fair play to canon they really got them selves together since the early days of nikon making their lenses for them....

Sorry, it gets to a point I can't resist ... Its working in a shop that sells cameras an being a nikon user... There is a certain level of banter with canon users I just feel I have to represent on here ;)

That's no way to run a photography site! If you're not careful the Canon users will go off in a huff and start a rival site - Real Canon Photographers Forum!

That's no way to run a photography site! If you're not careful the Canon users will go off in a huff and start a rival site - Real Canon Photographers Forum!

heh, im kidding of course ... your supposed to say ... nikon might have made the early lenses but look at how good the canon lenes are now... ... or something similar...

the reality of the situation is that just recently i have have been seriously considering a second hand 350d we have in the store so i can have access to some of canons lenses ... but i can see that being a slippery slope

there are as many reasons to go for canon as there are to go for nikon... i sell as many canons in the shop .... i dont agree with the whole canon vs nikon one is better than the other thing.... i just find the jokes about it all funny

heh, im kidding of course ... your supposed to say ... nikon might have made the early lenses but look at how good the canon lenes are now... ... or something similar...

the reality of the situation is that just recently i have have been seriously considering a second hand 350d we have in the store so i can have access to some of canons lenses ... but i can see that being a slippery slope

there are as many reasons to go for canon as there are to go for nikon... i sell as many canons in the shop .... i dont agree with the whole canon vs nikon one is better than the other thing.... i just find the jokes about it all funny

So, did the posty come yet?

Is Darren in Lenstopia yet?

yeah them links you posted on Amazon its now cheaper.......well it wasn't yesterday when i ordered it trust me i checked everywhere.....!!

canon40d2.jpg

taken with friends canon 350D ( which i haven't used before lol )
( i also know laurie dont like white lens so no doubt she will go.........ewwwwwwwwwwwwww that gross lol )

well it arrived................. and its going for a test drive very soon. It not as heavy as i thought, if feels good, and i like the look of the beast lol...........will post my first pics later.

now i have a dilema i need to spend some more cash so

Do i buy a ...........................
canon 70-200 f2.8 L lens which is supposed to me awesome ( but i have this focal range covered )
&
canon 24-105mm L lens ( this will replace my 17-85mm )

or

do i buy a canon 7D & battery grip, & still get the canon 24-105mm

HELP.......lol

What would you do & why

Daz

Blimey Daren, it must be aweful to have to spend this money...

Do you have plans to buy a full frame camera?
If so the 24-105 sounds like a good idea...
If not, with an aps-c camera, isnt a 24-105 going to loose to much at the wide end to be practical compared to the 17-85?

Back