Lens Upgrade Time

I know you've been wanting one for a couple of years now Darren so I'm pleased you've finally took the plunge:D.

I wasn't sure whether to get the 100-400 zoom or the 400 prime when I was looking but when the prime came up at a good price it made my mind up for me.

Now get out there and aim your Canon at a few birds and start shooting;).

Blimey Daren, it must be aweful to have to spend this money...

Do you have plans to buy a full frame camera?
If so the 24-105 sounds like a good idea...
If not, with an aps-c camera, isnt a 24-105 going to loose to much at the wide end to be practical compared to the 17-85?

I have looked at a full frame 5D mk2 but i think i prefer the 7D going off all reviews & vids i have read ist fully loaded with gadjest & gismos...... so no it wont be full frame camera i buy. I will loose some wide angle but i have a wide angle lens and i will probably keep the 17-85mm just in case like.

I know you've been wanting one for a couple of years now Darren so I'm pleased you've finally took the plunge:D.

I wasn't sure whether to get the 100-400 zoom or the 400 prime when I was looking but when the prime came up at a good price it made my mind up for me.

Now get out there and aim your Canon at a few birds and start shooting;).

haha cheers Glen, i eventually plucked up courage hehe, I intend to try and get into more birds or wildlife the best i can with my gear living here in rural Wales it cant be that difficult.............can it lol......... inspired by your images of course.

Daz

lol u know me to well Darren, its not the lens though I dont like that looks great just the colour they really should offer a colour choice lol reminds me of women who wear black tights n white shoes essex springs to mind lolol

You can get neoprene camouflage covers to hide the colour you know;).

lol u know me to well Darren, its not the lens though I dont like that looks great just the colour they really should offer a colour choice lol reminds me of women who wear black tights n white shoes essex springs to mind lolol

The white shoes are for guidance purposes, like the approach lights on a runway...

haha.......... I dont mind the white to be honest, black would be better i suppose. But i am not paying for colour i am paying for performance ( hopefully ) lol...........The main problem i have is it just to noticeable, it stands out to much.

Other problem i have now is it dont fit in my slingshot 200..........damn..........haha

I've just clicked on the two links, and the prices came up as £1000 Amazon, £1099 Jessops.

When I posted the links this morning the amazon price was £1230.49 !

from amazon found in my browser cache:
Price: £1,230.49 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. You Save: £709.50 (37%)

In stock.
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available.

The white on the larger L lenses is there to keep the internal temperature down in sunlight - prevents image distortion you know.

And acts as a great advert for Canon! LOL

Darren - no way to help on 70-200 vs new camera

I use the 70-200 f2.8L and it is one of the all time best lenses from Canon - no doubt about it, it's really first rate even wide open.

But to make that call vs a new camera... only YOU can decide....

The white on the larger L lenses is there to keep the internal temperature down in sunlight - prevents image distortion you know.

And acts as a great advert for Canon! LOL

hmmm that would make sense seeing as white deflects heat but if standing in the sun it also causes glare which ouch to the poor photographers eyes, still reckon a choice should be given lol its just a black camera with white on front nahhh really dont like the mix of colours lol

You could always get an old black wet suit and make your own :p ;) .

I made a vow never go near another wetsuit after a run in with one few years ago at Bala Lake wondered why my wet suit was red when everyone else s was black turned out I put it on inside out lolol bloody hard work getting in them things too lemme tell ya lol

why am i having some amazingly good thoughts / visions of you in a wet suit laurie......!!

Maybe i could get the 7D, 70-200mm & 24-105mm........problem solved lol..........!!
( will have to bypass Christmas as this rate lol )

Darren, with all these new purchases in the pipeline, you didn't happen to win a little bit on the Euro lottery did you??? As in £113million little bits;).

Back