Let's see your workspace

Fidel Marcus

I have a thing for spaces, specially ones where you spend a lot of time or work and I finally remodeled this room which now serves as the office/work space so I figured why not share and maybe see other ideas too

Granted this wall isn't finished (it is missing a frame and a couple of shelves) but here it is...
6971779828_1703e12056_b.jpg

Very nice!
Is the backlight to the screen a specific colour temperature?

I'll be posting photos of the new office/studio soon :)

I think this is a wonderful idea. However, I won't be posting an image because my photography has to fit around looking after the zoo. Unlike the rest of your set ups, I have to share our study with litter trays. The walls are bright green - I know it sounds awful, but we did the front room in an Indian theme with Indian antique furniture - cheaper than new British furniture I might add. We bought some more and it went in the study, so the only option was to decorate in strong colours. I have a small, cheap monitor too, but it is calibrated regularly and I don't think it affects how I work.

We need a new chair as the old one is missing the arms and I have to sit on two old pillows and because my feet don't touch the ground, I rest them on an upturned plastic box.

The view is great though and last night I was editing while two deer munched their way through the peanuts intended for the badgers :)

now thats a funky looking work space, i to wont be posting, my workspace is a laptop on my knee................. :)

Daz

Ha, what a good idea, that's gave me a quirky idea that.

Last edited:
Here's a quick snap of mine. Not quiet so tidy & a little more cramped than your workspace Fidel. We do seem to have something similar happening with speakers though. :)

IMGP2413.jpg

here's the opposing wall in the same room, it is a shared workspace between myself and my fiance

7119142801_200e001723_b.jpg

Alfie I like the way you have your speakers set up what brand are those? I'm one of those people who has to always have music playing in the background, specially when I'm spending hours in PP. I guess I'm a bit of an Audiophile

Thanks for the compliment Hamish, the Bias Light is a 6500K LED strip, you can't really tell from the pic but this room is quite dim at night (I prefer to work in a dim environment) and sometimes I can spend upwards of 8-10 hours a day at this desk and as you can imagine it kills my eyes to be on there that long so the light eases the strain a little.

I actually did a lot of research and reading before I designed this workspace, believe it or not there are some very detailed specs to a proper "digital darkroom" and the most important being colors and lighting.
Technically all the lights should be 6000-6500k and apparently there are special paints with a specific shade of gray formulated strictly for use on digital darkroom walls, this was a problem since my fiance wanted to work in a bright red office so we compromised and I came up with the idea that we can have a diagonal split between the gray and red with dedicated lighting for each side so the red does not reflect onto my gray wall.

Darren I believe her side deserves the funky title more than mine does :D

Last edited:
Two rooms in one, very cool. Interesting about the lighting & the paint & makes me realise that my little corner in the conservatory is probably pretty bad. It's quite dimmly lit in the evenings, but is totally at the mercy of the english weather in the day! Haha so probably pretty dim all year round tbh :D

The speakers are not very well liked around the UK HiFi forums due to some intense viral marketing & shilling, but they are infact pretty good bits of kit. They're AVI ADM9 speakers, there active & also have an onboard preamp & DAC. So just an optical digital interconnect from your PC using iTunes or Foobar & there's the system. They work very well near field but the bass starts to roll off at 50-60Hz so I use a sub for the bottom octave (the black box to the right of the desk) I too have music on, either through the ADM9's or the main HiFi, most of the day.

Here's a link to the speakers http://www.avihifi.co.uk/adm9.html I'm not sure if many have made it across the pond though.

Slightly out of date, but you get the idea :)

defender.jpg

that my sort of room Chris.....organised tip i call it :) :D

Fidel workspace is to tidy and posh looking for my liking (not jealous honest) ;)

That shot was on a good day as well Darren! :D

Since that shot, I have updated both Macs, and now have a dual screen set-up on my main work machine.

If I can clear away enough debris I'll take an updated shot

No guarantees though! :D

Lovin the Arcade Defender game! :cool:

ooooo wanna see wanna see wanna see chris..........lol

As a PCA member and fellow Porsche nut, I have to say that's my favorite thing about Chris's room - besides the video game!

Nice set ups all. And I'm looking forward to the updated, tidy gaff from Chris!!

I know I have posted these before but at least they'll be in one place now. Sorry I've been quiet this week but I've had problems with my eyes and could not see very well. Treatment has now kicked in and I can see to type OK if I zoom in enough. Hopefully all will be back to normal in another week or so.

Anyway, enough of my sob story, here are some shots of the office / studio / darkroom in Potsdam.

The desk

Office-1.jpg

MacPro running 3 monitors (with a remote session to one of the PCs running in the UK on the RH one). There's also a Mac Mini Server lurking on the desk as well (this has now moved and is at the other end of the office where it acts as the tethering unit for the copy stand in its spare time).

A couple of views of the studio

5CamerasandTophat-1.jpg

The studio lights are all run from oldish Bowens Quadmatic generators. I've thought about changing them a few times (I do have some modern S-mount units) but they work perfectly and I have so many accessories that there really doesn't seem much point.

SpeedGraphic-1.jpg

The Darkroom

Darkroom1.jpg

ILford 2150RC / Jobo processors plus normal hand processing gear.

Darkroom2.jpg

Devere 507 modified for split-grade printing by Heiland Electronic.

And the studio in the UK.

CopyStand-1.jpg

Last edited:
Pete, you blow me away with what you have!!
I'd be like a kid in a sweet shop around your gaf(s) :D:D

WOW that computer system looks and sounds immense peter.............!!

so far Pete is defo winning 100% my vote :p

Daz

Heres my new one ...
Ill do some better shots for the website at some point so ill get those on here then ... this will have to do for now
note studio space in background WOOOO!

ac29ffba.jpg

Back