Olympic Poster Art

Bizzarre, and 'really?'

Now I was a little surprised that one of our local artists wasn't there as he is the official artist fot the 2012 olympics name Jeremy Houghton, I photographed 22 pieces that he is sending to Johannesburg SA, obviously there are more then one 'official artists'

Oh come on Pete - you can't hold the lack of squarenes against them! ;)

Like the Sarah Morris big ben picture ... Although I fail to see what it has to do with moth balls

A podium with more than just first second and third ... Neat!

Not to be disrespectful or anything but... is that really the best you Brits can do???? :)
Let the stones fly on me!!!! :)

Sadly, much of the art establishment now thinks that it is the idea that is paramount and the ability to execute it is of no consequence! I guess someone on a committee chose names they had heard of (Turner Prize seems to crop up a lot here) rather than extending the invitation to a wider range of artists. Oh well!

Asun, nah, it's the best a bunch of no one ever heard ofs can, and I'm not on about the 'artists' but the panel that chose them. ;)

Coming from a fine art painting background where a lot of my work was abstract I'm probably more open to art that puts the concept or message before aesthetics. However I have to say What a load of CRAP! I see under developed ideas and immature execution. I get the real sense that the artists were offered a huge sum of money and they just saw it as a cash cow and produced any old **** in the belief that no one would question them. This is what I hated about the art world, it's the 95% that give the other 5% a bad name.

Back