Critique Welcomed Portrait Of A Lamppost On Grass

That is a nice composition. Have you tried using D76?
Thank you. No,...I've never used D76. Rodinal, which I use predominantly (although I have had the occasional foray into Cafenol a while back and more recently Cinestill Monobath) is simple, cheap and long lasting. It's simple because its a "one shot" developer. The concentrate lasts an eternity. Thanks again, Steve.

Thank you. No,...I've never used D76. Rodinal, which I use predominantly (although I have had the occasional foray into Cafenol a while back and more recently Cinestill Monobath) is simple, cheap and long lasting. It's simple because its a "one shot" developer. The concentrate lasts an eternity. Thanks again, Steve.

That Monobath looks interesting. How is it working out?

The FF Monobath that 'evolved' from the New55 Monobath is worth checking out too. Very good for fine grain films like their Atomic-X sheet film, but works with others as well.

http://www.realphotographersforum.com/forum/threads/new55-atomic-x-film.21687/

https://the-famous-large-small-format-photography-co.myshopify.com

I am probably going to give it a try. I 'm normally a D76 kind of guy.... I shoot Pan F, Tri-x, and 3200 Delta. I saw they have all of thos on their chart. On a positive not I finally unpacked that Epson V800 printer. It sat in the box on my floor for 3+ months. Now I need to plug it in. I am having such a hard time with Capture One that I am going to hold off on the scanning until I can at least work with it.

That Monobath looks interesting. How is it working out?
It's very convenient and cuts processing time substantially if you're limiting yourself to two rolls (of 35mm) or 1 roll (120) per processing batch. Normally I process 5 or 3 per batch in the bigger can but there's not enough solution in the Cinestill bottle to cover the film in the bigger can. (Actually, now that I think about it, that's an assumption; I never actually checked the volume in the Cinestill bottle compared to the can recommendations.) So the time saved overall isn't as great for me. Still,...it IS convenient to have all the chemicals in a single bath. And it is water soluble so washing the film is a breeze. It has a shelf life, however: two months once its been opened (or 1 year unopened) and they recommend you can get 16 rolls of 35mm processed with one bottle. That's a pretty good return for a $20 outlay. I've gone back to Rodinal, however. The shelf life, cost and convenience equation of the one-shot developer (Rodinal) just suits me better.

Come to think of it, I wonder if a monobath such as Cinestill might work well for @Rob MacKillop, who I know doesn't get along well with conventional processing chemicals?

Back