Rob's Status

Including kindness, I hope, Gianluca.

I'm not sure which of my messages you are referring to. But talking about your character, certainly kindness must be included, but do not underestimate your causticity in your judgements. In my opinion, it is part of your nature as a teacher: to open the pupil's eyes with such force that cannot go unnoticed, but at the same time with a friendly, almost motherly, gentleness, which is a great gift of good teachers.

And your masterful irony should also be included.

They told me there are some who never make it, condemned to eat slush ‘feed’ for the rest of their life.
I can empathize to a small degree. When I had cancer surgery on my tongue four years ago I had a trach and a feeding tube. They had to replace the feeding tube twice within three days after I vomited it up (that happens when a nurse dumps too much water into a stomach that's been basically empty for days). Anyway I was grateful for the technology, but I was also VERY glad to get rid of it. Prayers for your recovery.

I can empathize to a small degree. When I had cancer surgery on my tongue four years ago I had a trach and a feeding tube. They had to replace the feeding tube twice within three days after I vomited it up (that happens when a nurse dumps too much water into a stomach that's been basically empty for days). Anyway I was grateful for the technology, but I was also VERY glad to get rid of it. Prayers for your recovery.

That’s awful, Len. Glad you got through it!

Back