SETI@home

Gianluca, I think something must be going over my head - it's a lovely photo, wonderful slightly muted colours and beautifully harmonious ingredients - but I don't see any of the wires, tubes, coaxial cables etc... which I was looking forward to! ;) ;)

One of my other hobbies is amateur radio, and I've come across the SETI program through mutual interests, but have never actually been involved with it.

My creation has just launched a message into interstellar space of its own accord, without consulting me beforehand. The message reads "Critique welcomed". What does that mean?

I like a bit of mystery 😎

The image is better when I click on it and it fills my big iMac screen. Wonderful. I love the muted complementary colours, and the composition in curves makes a nice rhythm. Very painterly. No drama, just a quiet visual poem.

Encore!

I like a bit of mystery 😎

The image is better when I click on it and it fills my big iMac screen. Wonderful. I love the muted complementary colours, and the composition in curves makes a nice rhythm. Very painterly. No drama, just a quiet visual poem.

Encore!

It was just an experiment. I'm no good at still life photography, it's not my thing. But I really appreciate your comment @Rob MacKillop

Today I built myself this device to communicate with extraterrestrials.

View attachment 18916
You are a genius, Gianluca! Surely no self-respecting extra-terrestrial could pass up the opportunity to communicate with you through this medium. (And it makes for a delightful photo also.)

Back