Spike from Pennsylvania USA!

Spike Kilmer

Hey all,
Brand new here to this forum. A bit about me-

I'm a photographer and writer for car magazines, specifically hot rods. My work can be found in such titles as Traditional Rod and Kulture Illustrated, Rod and Custom, the Rodders Journal, and a few others. I just completed a book called "East VS. West, rods Rails and Customs" (cartech) with a co-author. I've been photographing and in the darkroom since 1979, and lately have been collecting and using all types of film cameras. I still shoot 4x5, medium format, and 35mm cameras that I find at auctions and estate sales, even yard sales. I only started selling things recently. I have a small studio where I house most of my collection as well as an ever growing library of photographic books and accessories. I also shoot vintage style Pin-Up when I can. Thats about it. I'm happy to be here to share and learn with like minded people.

Spike

Last edited:
Welcome Spike!

You've found the perfect forum by the looks of your intro - lots of camera nuts and gears heads on here :D

The odd pin-up will go down well I can assure you! :)

Is the magazine work film, or do you shoot digital as well?

Looking forward to learning more about the challenges of shooting cars

Welcome to the forum Spike

Spike?!? What a hardcore name!!
Welcome! :)

For the magazines its all digital unfortunately. The profit margin just isn't there for film use. I shoot film for myself and just because its where i came from in photography, and i believe its still important for people to learn the basic fundementals of the craft. Digital has its place in both photography and the printed media. My digital work supports my love for film..

Spike

Hi Spike, i am fairly new to this Forum, the guys here have made me very welcome, its a nice forum unlike so many out there.

Welcome.

Welcome Spike, I think i'm really going to enjoy having you here and seeing your shots ..... love hot rods and pin ups and vintage americana in general

Spike?!? What a hardcore name!!
Welcome! :)

Your a tit dan! ;)
Spikes come in all forms - 'Jonze' for example I wouldn't call hardcore ... Genius maybe (being John malcovich is a good example of that) ... Spike out of buffy isn't that hardcore, he always looses! And then there is 'Milligan' ... He is more of a 'goon' than 'hardcore'

Back