Critique Welcomed Time Trial at the Speedway

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
9140348484_5da1b1f980_b.jpg

Fading daylight but good track lighting at the Charlotte Motor Speedway - Slow shutter speed blur

That's a cracker, Chris! A really excellent image. The blur is great but so too is that sky.

What camera/lens? And if you don't mind me asking: what post-processing?

That's a cracker, Chris! A really excellent image. The blur is great but so too is that sky.

What camera/lens? And if you don't mind me asking: what post-processing?

Thanks Brian - the sky just came alive as the sun set - lots more cloud on the East Coast makes for nicer photos :)

Shot was with the X-Pro1 and 14mm Lens at f/8 and 1/30.

PP was ACR, where I did my usual contrast, sharpening and light/dark tweaks, and also applied a grad ND filter to the sky.

I then imported into NIK Silver FX to do the B&W conversion, add a lens vignette centered on the rider,and tweak the structure on the rider to help him stand out a little better.

- - - Updated - - -

Superb Chris, simply superb! :)

Thank's Pete - I rediscovered the image when going through my archived files and figured it was worth a visit

- - - Updated - - -

Great shot Chris. Love the perspective...the sky...the blur...the whole picture.

Thanks Glenn - I love the way the 14m Lens pulls the perspective on shots, really draws you in

Yes cracking Pic, it is kind of timeless, it could be from the far past or the future. The perspective of the people giving context to the size and empty space against the rider on the track is superb. Up there with your best Chris.

Back