Competition: Olympus Trip 35 Trip

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
The idea is to use an Olympus trip 35 in the spirt of the original concept for the camera by taking it on a trip (holiday, day out etc).
Post you favourite photo in this thread and then when everyone who wants to enter has entered we will pick a winner!
Keep it simple on the post process if any....

anyone got any other suggestions on rules?

Oooohh yeah!! I'm down. :)
Could we stick to a rule of NO pp? I like the idea of that, whether that appeals to anyone else?

I thought the Trip was supposed to be a camera for wedding photography????

[video=youtube_share;i_Yo3FRPeQw]http://youtu.be/i_Yo3FRPeQw[/video]

David Bailey, who's he? :D :D :D

I like the sound of this. I can't see my trip being more exciting than visiting my dear white-haired old mother* in Wolverhampton, or possibly my friends' pedigree oriental kittens in Market Drayton, but I'm sure I can find something to snap!

*please don't tell her I called her that

*tucks his speed graphics away* yes, Olympus trip 35 is the way to go :D

Hmm perhaps we should stick with no PP, although then it might then be against which film has the best colour etc, perhaps we should have a PP and no PP side by side - single image but an 'as processed' and also the post process version.

Unless we all just use some poundland film :D

Paul - there's a little movie film icon next to the picture icon above the quick reply window

Use the URL you get from YouTube when selecting SHARE just below the YouTube video - and paste this into the pop-up window the forum generates when you click on the movie icon

[video=youtube_share;0UE9h8zC3Mc]http://youtu.be/0UE9h8zC3Mc[/video]

Is that's whats-his-face off of quadrophinia and park life

- - - Updated - - -

Phil Daniels!?

- - - Updated - - -

I assume you are in Chris??

Hmmmmm....

I wonder if RCC in Manchester have any in?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Hamish, I just checked, and somehow I do seem to have acquired a Trip, so I'm in! :D

7461449868_889d614623_b.jpg

Good video, that. Thanks Paul/Chris.

I don't have a trip, but I do have too many cameras for my liking, so I don't think I'll be joining in. Sounds like fun, though, and I look forward to seeing the shots.

Alright. If Mr. Dodkin happens across a cheap Trip in good shape around here, I'll buy it from him and I'll do it. But I'm on the road the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Just bought one!!
Light seals have gone to shot... I've got the kit to do it as done so with my OM10.
Aperture is 'sticking'....... I can live with that (or sort it in spare time if bothered too much about it, which would be unlikely)
Shutter,'red light', and everything else works on it fine.
Total - £4.20 + £4.50 p+p!! Heading my way by Tuesday.

No excuses guys, come on!! :) I'M IN!! (The dog house) lol

Just bought one too but gone the other way - if I buy summat I want it working and sexy looking - so a nice one with snakeskin covering - 100% working and with a 2 year warranty - is on it's way!

I guess I'm in :)

Back