Footprint Strap - Superb Quality and Service

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
As you might know I recently bought a Sony RX100, great camera! Crap little strap! I do like a leather strap, so I went on ebay and searched for a leather one for this camera and nothing came up. Searched for "leather camera strap" and Footprint Straps came up.
I thought they looked good so ordered one that looked like it might be similar to the little one that came with the camera. I soon noticed that the chap (Clive) who sells them is from Worcestershire just like me ... It had to be the right choice!
It turned up the next day, brilliant!

Not quite as brilliant was the fact the the loop part to attach it to the camera was far to big, I wouldnt thread through the loop hole on the side of the camera...
I only had my self to blame as I ordered a strap for a Fuji X100 and not Sony RX100.
Anyway, in with the parcel came Clive's card with his phone number on... So I rang him!

After a brief chat he had offered to send me some thinner cord that would fit in the tiny loops of the Sony. We then worked out that the little bit of cord that he uses to attach his his little leather branded tags to would be the same as what he might send me. As it turns out he used to use it for this purpose but had started using the thinker stuff. This thin cord in his words is "so strong he could never break it", sounds good to me!

So with a little bit of fiddling, that's what I used ...
And here we are, my new beautifully made leather Footprint Strap for my RX100!

06C2194C-27C6-4533-B1EA-3D460837152B-6313-00000789F69563C9.jpg

Despite my ringing him out of working hours Clive was incredibly helpful... He offered a solution with what I had to hand, offered to send me some cord to try if what I had wasn't quite long enough and offered to take the whole strap back and change it to suit my needs!
Overall, I couldn't be happier with what I have and would definitely recommend both strap and dealing with Clive!

Just looking forward to the strap ageing and getting a bit soft now! :)

Thanks for the review! I've been toying with the idea of a footprint strap for my X100 - I think this seals the deal :)

Thanks again Hamish.......the cheque's in the post!!! Seriously though, love the forum and look forward to contributing.
Regards, Clive

Do you not get on with eBay Dave?
I was saying to Clive on the phone about an idea I had to set up shop selling photography accessories on line
its kinda been on the back burner for a while as I was going to do somthing with hifi bits instead but I've sorta lost iinterest in hifi ...
we have ha a shop set up on the back end of rpf for ages
http://www.realphotographersforum.com/shop/
but I've never done anything with it ...
i spend my days making ecommerce sites as it is ... I might as well make another!
I am interested to know why you don't like eBay though!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks again Hamish.......the cheque's in the post!!! Seriously though, love the forum and look forward to contributing.
Regards, Clive

Haha ... No probs!!
Ill set you up as a trade member here tomorrow and then we can get yu in the site business directory :)

...and it arrived today! Excellent service and a very well made product! Seems a little stiff at the moment but I'm sure it'll wear in nicely! I wasn't sure what to do with the rubber O-Ring so I've stuck it over the camera's mounting lug before adding the split ring. Seems to make sense. I'll take a photo later.

Thanks Clive - 10/10!

Thought long and hard over a wrist strap, read reviews, picked brains, considered Gordy but the UK distributor never bothered to reply and read this thread. Spoke to Clive, a true Gentleman, and ordered a black Sedgewicks strap for the X10/X100.

It is superb and it compliments the black camera bodies perfectly. So thank you for the tips Dave and Hamish and thank you Clive for keeping good old fashioned customer service and top quality products alive.

Back