Memories of Summer

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
As we slip into autumn, and Blightly suffers a heat wave - thought I'd post a reminder of warm sunny days, with a new PP treatment and 16:7 pano crop (of course)

web.jpg

San Diego downtown - taken from Coronado - Canon 5D2 and 28-70 f2.8L

Thanks Paul - I was after that feeling of the picture being an idealized memory of the scene - nice and clean yet fuzzy at the same time :)

You might be interested in a LR preset I have come up with. The images aren't particularly strong but they do of course have a sentimental value to me. However I like the PP as it seems to match my idealised memory of the time.

NostalgicBeach.jpg

DSCN0988.jpg

DSCN0986.jpg

Paul - love the retro look and feel - reminds me of old cine film, only you can actually see the subject! :) LOL

Pete - I'm playing around with a new (to me) set of Photoshop filters - Topaz Adjust - they have a number of smooth options, and this shot was tweaked with one of them.

I like the way it's simplified the image, yet there still appears to be detail and crispness.

Nice Chris! It must have been in the high 20's here today so if I'm honest I would have prefered a shot of some snow to cool me down... It's not even like high 20's is that hot, it's just after a month of horrible it's come as a shock to the system!

Do you know how to save presets Paul!
This would make a nice one to add to our downloads if your up for it?

Great photos from both Chris and Paul. I really like the tones of both, and the horizontal bands on Chris's photo. His skyline is a very familiar view for me, but I like how it's done.

What's ironic is that fall in San Diego (at least September through early Nov.) is generally the hottest time of the year for us in San Diego.

Back