Micro SD cards

Alastair Cummins

Hi, im after a new Micro SD for my key fob camera and was wondering where the cheapest place is to buy one?

It needs to be class 6 or above and around 8GB and suitible for recording movies. Ive checked ebay but ive been told some of the cheaper ones you can get on there are not the real deal, and I dont want to have to buy yet another card after my class 4 Kingston wasnt good enough.

Cheers :D

this? http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/14527696/Key-Fob-Camera/Product.html?_$ja=tsid:11518|cc:|prd:14527696|cat:Gadgets

Yea its pretty good for the money! I would love a Go-pro HD camera but thats £300 I dont have :(

It does images, though if im honest ive only done it by accident so far and the translation to English in the instructions is "interesting" to say the least!

Yea its pretty good for the money! I would love a Go-pro HD camera but thats £300 I dont have :(

It does images, though if im honest ive only done it by accident so far and the translation to English in the instructions is "interesting" to say the least!

I am involved in the set up o a company that will be hireing go pro cameras ... If you would like to hire one, let me know and I'll see if I can arrange it before the set up of te company proper if you like ...

You really dont know when you are being watched these days, everything will be a spy camera soon ;)

Ive gone and bought the Samsung memory card from Amazon, should be here by Friday so hopefully we will get some decent weather so I can try it out! :D

I am involved in the set up o a company that will be hireing go pro cameras ... If you would like to hire one, let me know and I'll see if I can arrange it before the set up of te company proper if you like ...

Thats excellent, I will be in touch if I do go on any road trips as I do like like to get some proper footage and with the key fob camera all you get is the sound of the wind above 40mph!

A hidden camera in a lighter ... I like it ... Modern technology eh...

Just let me know Alistair, we should be able to supply you with all the relevant mounts for attaching it to various places on the car etc ...

Bonus, it would appear ive been sent 2 memory cards instead of one :D

One is a full HD compliant card whilst the other is the version I actually ordered. I will check my bank account in the next few days to makre sure ive only been charged for the one but any freebie is always appreciated :D

Great looks like ive gotten involved with a dodgy ebay seller. Ive complained that the playabck isnt good enough but they feel it is fine as they have replied with this email...

Dear allyc85,

Hello friend,
Glad to hear from you. And thanks for your kind help. I have check the viedo again, and it seems work fine. If you want to keep it we are willing to refund 2 GBP to you. Is that OK ?
If not, will you please send it back to us ?
Our shipping address is as below:
XUWEI
Zhong Guo,Guang Dong Sheng,Shen Zhen Shi,Fu Tian Qu, Hua Qiang Bei Lu,Sai Ge Ke Ji Yuan,San Dong Dong 3B-502 Shi,China
Xu Wei
Tel:008675583748050

Will you please give me hand and write RMA :GL11231420 on the package so that we can send to our factory to exchange.
Thanks for your kind help. After that, I will refund you as i promised before.
Looking forard your reply.
Thanks and regards

Part of me thinks I cant be bothered with any hassle and might just leave it but the other part thinks I should chase this, even if it is only over a tenner or so.

I put the end of the address into google maps and it does come up with an industrial area in china so its real but looking at the cost of sending it back and the hassle I think im going to take the partial refund and get another camera from a UK based seller.

I also looked at my bank statement today and even though I only ordered one SD card Amazon did send me two and I was charged for both!

Now that is dodgy ... So how much did it all cost you?
Is there a way of reporting it to amazon ... This is the problem with buying off the Internet ... Especially from abroad ... I always work on the assumption I'm going to get ripped off in that situation, then if I do, well insaw it coming ...
We (F8 Creates) have just taken a gamble (bought) 3 x 128gb memory sticks for £80 odd quid, risky, yes, if it works out bonus, if it doesn't ... Well it's our loss, we are prepared though...

Back