Rob's Status

I don't understand one thing: did you force the poor nurse/hairdresser into that unnatural pose or were you a champion of timing (or luck) in capturing the scene? Either way, great.
[Her eyes are smiling]

I said “I’ll take a photo” and raised my phone. She sprang into life, went behind me and adopted that pose. All the other nurses were whooping with laughter, so I took a quickie. It caught the moment.

It would have been good with some forethought to properly document this illness, but all I have is my iPhone 6SE, not the best phone camera.

Hi folks. I’m getting stronger and more relaxed every week. Still in danger, though, so I have to take care.

Current situation: they are trying to wean me off a ventilator. An attempt last week failed. I’ve had my lungs pumped and some CPR, which saved my life, but I still on it. Trying again tomorrow. Fingers crossed. The problem is all mine. I just lack lung strength after 65 years of asthma.

Here’s my room from a night or two ago, which I found attractive:

IMG_2024-08-10-092253.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi folks. I’m getting stronger and more relaxed every week. Still in danger, though, so I have to take care.

Current situation: they are trying to wean me off a ventilator. An attempt last week failed. I’ve had my lungs pumped and some CPR, which saved my life, but I still on it. Trying again tomorrow. Fingers crossed. The problem is all mine. I just lack lung strength after 65 years of asthma.

Here’s my room from a night or two ago, which I found attractive:

Attractive, and even more attractive that you are getting better every day, that is my heartfelt wish. 👍

Well it went very well!! I’m now off the ventilator, supporting my own breath. Yay! Oh, how we take this basic thing for granted. Count your blessings, friends.

Next i need to learn to eat, swallow..,
Excellent! And based on that fotie you posted your eye for art has not suffered!

Back