Critique Welcomed Sauchiehall Street at Night

Brian Moore

Glasgow. February 2019.

My brother had painted a portrait of a friend some years before and we had made arrangements to deliver the portrait to the friend at The Horseshoe Bar on Drury Street. We parked some streets away in a multi-story car park that afforded this view of Sauchiehall Street. I'm quite happy with the clarity of this image as I made it after the meet up. :rolleyes:

I can think of no better place to deliver a portrait than the The Horseshoe Bar. I recommend it. :)

Olympus XA2 with Fomapan 400 film processed in Rodinal.

Last edited:
Good fotie, Brian, but I hate that street. Got mugged TWICE on it. It's parallel to Renfrew Street, where I was a student at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music. Good fotie, though. I like the view into the office on the left.

Good fotie, Brian, but I hate that street. Got mugged TWICE on it. It's parallel to Renfrew Street, where I was a student at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music. Good fotie, though. I like the view into the office on the left.
TWICE??? Oh dear. Sorry to hear about that, Rob. (Did you not get mugged in Edinburgh once as well...?)

Great back-story (and now I'm curious to see some of your Brother's work) and a fabulous shot. What I like especially about it is the juxtaposition of the view through through the empty office window with the softer lighting and movement on the street. Super stuff.
Thanks a lot, Pete.

Here's my brother's Instagram page. His work is principally in graphic comics. https://www.instagram.com/booda_von_boodstein/

Interesting stuff, Brian. I do like comic art (more than the stories certainly) and quite often pick up something with striking imagery. I should have a look through some as I have a couple I bought in Prague somewhere. Who knows, maybe one even has some work in it by your brother.

It's usually the handsome, intelligent ones they like to bring down. (By the way there's nae "d" in eejits.:))

Yes, before every mugging I heard "Wow, he looks so beautiful. Let's beat him up!" You wouldn't know this, Brian, but being uncommonly beautiful is a curse.

P.S. "There're two b's in Bugger Off!" - name the movie that comes from.

You wouldn't know this, Brian, but being uncommonly beautiful is a curse.
You're right, I wouldn't. Cheeky bugger!
(And it's "two g's". lol)

By the way, for 20 years or so now every time I hear the word "also" I think of an injured rabbit! That's a curse I have to live with. o_O

Last edited:
Back