Sigma DP w/ Ricoh GW-3 adapter

Steve Boykin

Sorry about all the photos...I don't have much time lately so this should be the last of my crapola shots anyone has to endure for awhile.... :)

The first 6 are just uncropped with the Ricoh adapter attached to the DP1 and DP2. I stopped off in this little town called Granger on the way back from Austin today. I took a bunch of shots with this Zero Image Pinhole camera I had, but also shot these 4 of the same subjects. The last two are the old man self portrait with the DP1 and the last one is the first shot I took with the DP3 I got off Ebay recently.

Not great photos but I thought anyone who used the DP cameras might like to see what how that adapter works. It makes the DP1 21mm and the DP2 34mm.

I really like these cameras but you have to work at them like that pinhole camera. Ultimately I prefer the X100 with the two adapter lenses, but you just cannot argue with the incredible output of the DP cameras.

I actually don't find the Sigma Photo Pro all that much trouble.

Attachments

• 092803.jpg
    092803.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 092804.jpg
    092804.jpg
    615.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 092805.jpg
    092805.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 12
  • 092806.jpg
    092806.jpg
    618.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 092807.jpg
    092807.jpg
    685.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 092808.jpg
    092808.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 092809.jpg
    092809.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 092810.jpg
    092810.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 12
Great shots, Steve. I'm happy leaving the Merrills as they are, but you are getting fine results here. Please don't stay away too long. And bring back the mutts!

Very fine images Steve. Americana! Are these DPs Merrills or just DPs?

These are the Merrills. They are really amazing Brian. These images don't do the cameras justice. That said, you have to want to work with them. If you shoot film you would probably be used to the difficulties. They are slow and reward patience. You really are stuck with ISO 100-200. However, the in camera B/W's are amazing at ISO 400. That last shot is an in camera BW. Without a doubt they do the best in camera B/W of any digital I have ever used. I'm sure the Leica is better but I don't have $9,000. Not advised for portraits generally. The detail is staggering and your subject will get so see every pore on their face in stunning detail......:)

I probably won't use them as much as the X100 but I do really like them. Amazing what you can now do with these small digital cameras. I'm lazy so I like the fact that I don't have to change lenses. I am serious considering just selling off the interchangeable lens cameras. I haven't used them for several months.

Great shots, Steve. I'm happy leaving the Merrills as they are, but you are getting fine results here. Please don't stay away too long. And bring back the mutts!

I promise you will get some dog photos next week. I actually go some good shots of them with the DP1 the other day. I am really liking these cameras!!!!! The in camera B/W is AMAZING!!!

Wonderful set Steve - are they processing variants? I also like the self portrait. Suitably serious. And the portrait is very good - what a great expression. Just the barest hint of a smile.

I took a bunch of shot at ISO6400 the other day on a DP2. It ain't gonna be pretty!

Back