Snap of the Day (2011)

Busy day today, went to ikea ... Got some useful things

f17bc711.jpg

11dee1e1.jpg

a08a38df.jpg

:)

Ah, I see you got a slotusbergen and a witlesshoppa!

Love IKEA - especially the bit where people argue about how they are going to fit everything they've just bought into their car! LOL

Also the crazy product names - see this video for a tribute... Punks Not Dad perform Can't Get It Up!

[video=youtube;Bvz0iLY3Nlw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvz0iLY3Nlw[/video]

I like this thread, I need to post more, but I dont have the internet atm...Anyways here's a few from Gay Pride in Brum today

Attachments

• nti_Gay_Pride_Bham36.jpg
    nti_Gay_Pride_Bham36.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 11
  • nti_Gay_Pride_Bham23.jpg
    nti_Gay_Pride_Bham23.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 10
  • nti_Gay_Pride_Bham37.jpg
    nti_Gay_Pride_Bham37.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 10
  • nti_Gay_Pride_Bham25.jpg
    nti_Gay_Pride_Bham25.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 10
Matt, fabulous colours, and I love the 2nd shot with the juxtaposition of the rainbow wrapped hand holding couple and the police - nice!

thanks Chris, the colours were tricky because two were shot on the 1d MKII and two on the 7D. And the 1d is awful for colours, took too much time on photoshop to sort it out!

I use the 1D MKII as well - not really had colour issues that I can think of - maybe it's a workflow thing, and I have it dialed in?

What probs were you having?

thanks pete
I just find the 1d is awfully blue a lot of the time, when you compare it to an un-edited image from the 7d it doesn't look right, which is why im reluctant to use the 1d. Also there's not enough pixels to be able to crop into images which is a good luxury to have

Interesting comments on the 1D2 colour cast - you shooting RAW on both?

Pixel issue is definitely a problem - you need to fill the frame with the subject, or you're hosed.

Back in the day, I thought I had plenty of pixels with the 1D2 - but these days...

Having said that, I have RAW images from my D30 which still look fab :)

Nah jpeg on both, dont have time to shoot RAW generally so I don't bother. Is it much better?

I think so - would definitely fix your colour issue for you, and you'd be able to play with things like exposure more. (you get approx 2 stops for exposure range in RAW than JPEG)

Takes a little more time in PP - but the benefits are worth it IMHO

Back