Spring on the Hill (for wide open theme)

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
Hannah on a bench

_DSC5112-1.jpg

4000th 200iso f/1.2

daffodil

_DSC5106-1.jpg

4000th 200iso f/2 (i cheated, nearly wide open, but not quite)

tree

_DSC5120-2.jpg

4000th 200iso f/1.2

pp might be a little out, they are done on my laptop ...

Last edited:
I rather like #2 - very seasonal :)

I wish I could join you and Hannah for a sunny sunrise (or was it sunset?). We are still deep in winter here and I'm antsy to get out in some warm weather.

I really like the mood you captured in Hannah on a bench. I'm also drawn to the silhouetted trees in the 3rd shot.

Sunset Ralph... Was a nice few days we had, but we are back to typical grey English weather now unfortunately ... A shame
Still, clocks go back tonight so summer is officaially not so far away now!

It's all in the lens choice for me this sort of thing ... "vintage" glass shot wide open is wonderful for creating this sort of thing IMO ... Who needs sharpness when you can have atmosphere :)

Sunset or sunrise, it's a nice photo that develops a great mood. We turned our clocks ahead 2 weeks ago but there's no sign of summer. A few new birds tell me they are hoping for spring but we still need the weather to cooperate.

50mm 1.2 ... It's actually a late one ... Maybe 2002ish judging by the serial number ... the design is the later 9 blade one but that's from 1981 and that's vintage in my books being 28 ;)

Sunset or sunrise, it's a nice photo that develops a great mood. We turned our clocks ahead 2 weeks ago but there's no sign of summer. A few new birds tell me they are hoping for spring but we still need the weather to cooperate.

Just read this message as my iPhone went from 12.59 to 2.00 ...

Back