Tree motion II

Dan Cattermole

Dan Down - The Steampunk Womble
I wasn't sure about this shot to be honest....
It was taken at the same time as the similar thread, but the more I keep looking at it, the more it's growing on me.
Same set up with the ND filter.
Hope you like, because I didn't to begin with :/

PC296325.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

that for me tops the original and the original was excellent ... it has a dreamlike quality, top notch work there chief

I really like it ...
its an idea that has legs for sure imo!
A single tree without other stuff around it would look very nice i think!!

Thanks guys.
I tried to look for the enthusiasm with this shot when I took it, like I said, I do like it now.

That's an idea for you Davie, ND on the waterfalls that you do with swaying trees in the frame?! Now there's a task for you! :) :)

I shall see if I can find a swaying tree on its own for you Hammy ;) seriously though, I'll find one :)

Thanks guys.

That's an idea for you Davie, ND on the waterfalls that you do with swaying trees in the frame?! Now there's a task for you! :) :)

hmm that sounds to me like the sound of a gauntlet being well and truly thrown lol , i'll put my mind to it :D

Careful Dan, he's edging you towards a square crop! :D

Lovely effect in the image - very surreal

Another intersting and very well executed shot Dan, ther tones work really well I feel a 'non rectangular' crop would wrok well with maybe a tiny black border, thionk for me that would stop the white page pulling the sky. if you see what I mean....:D

Keep doing these Dan, Wish I'd got my arse into gear and used my ND8 :D

Why the anti-sentiment towards square crop? Actually, that's what I would have tried personally ;).

Brilliant use of the ND filter, I like it a lot :).

Would you mind sharing the exposure time with us to get that waving branches but steady trunk effect?

Haha, I was expecting someone to say exactly that! :D

The reason I asked was to get an idea of the ballpark figures that I should try as the initial set of parameters when I wish to achieve similar effect in the future. :)

I stared at this picture for at least 5 minutes.. I think I went into some kind of Micro sleep :D Then i went back and looked at it and it happened again! Then i started building this story about the tree in my head.. I think i'm either seriously sleep deprived or just strange. Either way, this is trippy and I LOVE it! :D :D

Why the anti-sentiment towards square crop? Actually, that's what I would have tried personally ;).

There's a long running attempt, by a shadowy cult of cubists on the forum, to coerce people into a square way of thinking - it's subtle, but so far I've managed to resist... mostly.. :D :D :D

b42cec01-022b-49ba-ad8b-74aadfc2633a-l

Wow, totally missed all the latest comments :)
Thank you guys! :) :)

I definately have another idea in mind with this ND filter game.
But you have to wait! Lol

Well, I didn't have a square crop in mind when I suggested losing a touch off the bottom as I think it needs a bit more space around it but...

DansTree-1.jpg

Hope you don't mind Dan! I really like this shot of yours and can imaging it would make a super print.

Oh wow pete, that crop does look good!
I might just do a print of that to be fair. Thank you.
Would of got round to myself but I've been somewhat busy :)

Back