Walk on Sidmouth Beach

I like this shot Ally, nice rolling clouds just above the horizon.

The only thing I would think about changing is the crop. If the people were a bit lower in the shot I would keep it as it is, but with their position they look a bit too central for me. I would be tempted to crop just enough at the bottom to get rid of the dog in the bottom right and the dark foreground.

I must have a thing for Panorama style Landscapes:confused::eek:

I disagree, I like it cropped as is ... Id just be tempted to introduce more detail into the shadow area ...
Otherwise, specifically (other than the shadow in the foreground) tonally I like it
The stream of water in the foreground adds interest to the compo ...

I was waiting for the people to get a bit closer but some random person stopped to talk to me about photography which was nice and all, but by the time I tuned back I had missed my chance! I also would have liked a bit more sky in the shot (Hence a fair bit of foreground) but the weather was turning and was extreamly bright just above the top of the pic.

Ive done a crop and it does look so much better, it makes the people even more of a focus in the shot.

Walk on Sidmouth Beach Crop by Allyc85, on Flickr

The crop definitely works - larger version on Flickr looks really nice, lots of detail. Lighting is fantastic, great timing.

Would the image stand a little more 'brightness' in post processing and a little CCW tweak to the horizon?

The crop definitely works - larger version on Flickr looks really nice, lots of detail. Lighting is fantastic, great timing.

Would the image stand a little more 'brightness' in post processing and a little CCW tweak to the horizon?

Had another quick play with the shot. I think its the clould line playing tricks on the eyes as the horizon looks fine to me in Photoshop :)

Walk on Sidmouth Beach Crop by Allyc85, on Flickr

I like it, I think the crop really works well and Hamish was totally wrong :~)

Only if he is in the woods and there is no women around.

Very nice! Those cloud formations are crazy!!

He's a funny man this Paul ... He's trying to make me feel bad because I broke a turntable he gave me ... Well I do feel bad Paul, is that what you want me to say, is that what you want to hear, does that make you feel better does it ... I do feel bad and I'm sorry alright!!! ... It was still the cat though!!! ;) heh

Hehe ... Yeah ... For sure man ... I'm a proper angry man all the time ...
And thats about as true a statement as the statement of anger in my previous message ;)
I ain't angry ... Who needs anger ...
Well apart from at my god damn cat, who did actually ruin my day yesterday!

;)
He's a funny man this Paul ... He's trying to make me feel bad because I broke a turntable he gave me ... Well I do feel bad Paul, is that what you want me to say, is that what you want to hear, does that make you feel better does it ... I do feel bad and I'm sorry alright!!! ... It was still the cat though!!! ;) heh

Blah Blah Blah............. After I spent 20 minutes on the phone calming you down and telling you not to worry about it as well.;)

Back