When you have a stack of old family negatives to scan..

Ralph Turner

Hopefully this will speed things up a little... couldn't have justified it if it had just been for me. No, it's ok,I haven't given up on the pixl-latr yet @Hamish Gill as the new set-up won't handle the 5.5x11cm negs from my old Ensign Carbine ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_5238.jpeg
    IMG_5238.jpeg
    831.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Getting there. I still need to set the rig co-planar with the camera sensor. Certainly a smaller package than the old fluorescent tubed light box I was using. Somehow, though, I managed to order a Minox format holder instead of a 110 🙄. A bit of an expensive mistake😬.

Attachments

• IMG_5242.jpeg
    IMG_5242.jpeg
    950.8 KB · Views: 3
This is my setup - I built a stand for the camera I use (Nex-7 w/ Minolta 50mm f2.8) out of old 3D printer parts. I used a lead screw setup so I can adjust the height quite precisely. I have a valoi 120 negative holder, and the lomography digitaliza+ for 35mm. I laser cut holders for them. Works well. Light for 4x5 is a amazon rechargeable with adjustable white balance and brightness that I 3d printed a base for.

53672673213_03a9e934b7_h.jpg

Very nice setup, Sir. That stand certainly looks pretty substantial and excellent repurposing of old redundant kit. I like the use of the 'screw. Although the height adjustment on the old Durst enlarger I use is likely a little quicker to use and serves its purpose adequately, it lacks the finesse of a lead screw. With that toothed drive pulley still in situ, any plans to automate the height adjustment with a stepper motor or something?

I am sure it wouldn't be too hard to put a stepper and controller on there. I built a camera slider using the same extruded rail and hardware - and that is stepper driven with a controller.

Back