Challenge: 1950's compact Camera Challenge

Hamish Gill

Tech Support (and Marketing)
I'm thinking we can do a series of challenges involving different types of cameras from different eras.

first I think we should go for compact cameras from the 50's... There are plenty of them, cheap, lots that take 35mm film...
so
Scale focus cameras only (no SLR's or rangefinders)
must be manufactured in the 50's
You can use a camera you own ... Or if you want to have more fun buy a new (old) one!
no budget ...

entries must contain a picture of the camera with a bit of info about it and three final images from a maximum of three films!

pp to be kept to correcting for scanning issues so minor colour correction, bit of contrast etc

ill think of a prize :)

any thoughts?

lets use this thread for discussing our camera choices!

We can do a box camera challenge next time if you like Brian?
Im thinking this sort of compact

_DSC7535.jpg

http://www.realphotographersforum.com/content/264-voigtlander-vito-b.html

you're trying to get me to use the voightlander aren't you lol?

Ingenius Hamish :)

I just packed away all my vintage cameras ready for moving house, so maybe I'll have to find one on flea bay or something...

Busted! :D :D :D

Am I allowed to fire up the Argus C2? The C3 was made up until 1953 and the only difference was the fact you can plug in a flash bulb holder lol

DSC_0825.jpg

Would an Agfa Isolette count?

....or do need something new......

Heather

No Heather you dont need another new film camera you have already got more MF camera's than me ;) ,and your Isolette was made in the 50's and was probably quite compact for it's day ( when closed you could put it in your pocket )

But I expect someone will come along and let you know if it is useable or not.....Infact it's me that hasn't got any small 1950's camera's so I feel a little look on the bay coming on...:D

Am I allowed to fire up the Argus C2? The C3 was made up until 1953 and the only difference was the fact you can plug in a flash bulb holder lol

DSC_0825.jpg

If you can tell me why it would be excluded from this challenge I will make an exception! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmmm, I suppose my Yashica 44A is eligible too, so I may try it out! :eek:

Heather

Nope, it's a tlr, we are looking for compacts ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Would an Agfa Isolette count?

....or do need something new......

Heather

which version?

Back