Competition: Olympus Trip 35 Trip

I have a sudden need for a gas mask

Nice one Dan, was it difficult?

Thanks H,

That link you sent was spot on!! And it was easier than I thought.
I did at one stage knock the table and had to go on a 'smallest screw in the world hunt' lol.

F3F2886D-D263-4493-B174-D296365D4725-13422-00000AF447C280EC.jpg

74AE55E5-956D-46DB-97D4-D4E31AD66237-13422-00000AF44FFF7743.jpg

0F70F11C-277B-444D-A7BE-0A22D1BED674-13422-00000AF457AD4E9C.jpg

Reassembled, and loaded with Kodak Gold
12E0B6EC-8C30-480C-91CE-866F60ECA3A2-13422-00000AF466E8975F.jpg

Certainly, the function of it looks really basic.
Just love the way it doesn't let you take a piccie untill it's exposed properly.
And it's great to see that function on there and how that works. Nice.

I was quite concerned how much sand there was in the thing ,'/

One negative note. The aperture is still sticking currently, I think the sand/grit that was recovered from there has affected what should be a smooth swipe of of the 2 blades.
It's in the wide open position at the moment, it's easy to close, but will not retract.

I've also renewed the light seal towards the hinge as it was icky sticky rotten.

Still not complaining though, for a total of 8 quid + pp..... I've got a Trip 35 the pretty much works.

Now let's get snapping guys!!!!!! :):)

Dan - you have b@lls of steel - I wouldn't dare open one up!

I'd end up with a pile of spare screws after putting it back together, and it still wouldn't work! :D

Hahahaa!! Even my b@lls wear a gas mask!! (Not sure wear I was going with that one ,'/ )

As long as there is guidance you can't go wrong. :)

Yeah, more than likely.
Many thanks for posting it. Looks like a right golden one too. :)

Another classic Trip advert

[video=youtube_share;uHsXMybAzf4]http://youtu.be/uHsXMybAzf4[/video]

Good video, that. Thanks Paul/Chris.

I don't have a trip, but I do have too many cameras for my liking, so I don't think I'll be joining in. Sounds like fun, though, and I look forward to seeing the shots.

I did have one and I used it for many years. Sadly it had to be part exchanged when I moved up to an Olympus rangefinder. I have some film in the cabinet next to me, but I don't think I'm up to scanning right now... :(

I'm still not up to scanning, but in the spirit of joining in I will post something I did a few years ago. It does have some PP though and the way I worked back then means I can't remove it. So don't enter me in anything if that's OK. :)

Taken when I was 17 and on a trip up the Bosphorus during a holiday in Turkey with my parents. I almost wish I could go back...

Bosphorus%20Trip.jpg

I think this is my favourite of my shots. It has been cropped to remove a nasty filter/aperture reflection and I've tweaked the contrast in Color Efex (if that's too much tweaking, I might have to submit a photo of a kitten instead)

This was taken on 16th May, after a very hard climb up the opposite side of Cardingmill Valley, using Lomography 400 Colour. I went on a day trip on the train to Church Stretton, with a packed lunch, and rather stupidly no waterproofs (which almost proved catastrophic later in the afternoon).

Last edited:
OK, so thanks to Chris, it looks like I'm in for this little contest. I just shot my first roll of film in over 10 years with this thing:

Photos to follow!

Over ten years ... That's nuts! But brilliant! We are goin for a little jolly somewhere with the dogs today, it's sunny and the trip is loaded with reala ... Happy days!

My trip is on the way, I went with the earlier silver button version :D yay for shiny :D lol

Its arrived lol :D hopefully the sun might come out so I can go outside and shoot some photos, seems to be working fine, quite an interesting aperture blade setup but its stopping down correctly it seems :)

Wish my aperture blades where working properly. Lol
But still usable :)

Back