Hello from sunny Edinburgh, Scotland.

Hello everyone!

Just a quick post to say 'hi' as I'm new to this forum. I currently live in Edinburgh, Scotland where I've grown up surrounded by beautiful architecture, festivities and faces from many different walks of life.

I've only been shooting as a hobbyist for just over 2 years. Up until a couple months ago I was strictly film and 'analogue' processing, mainly with my Olympus OM1n which I still take everywhere with me in my camera bag. But lately I took the plunge and bought a used Canon 40D to tide me over until I figure out exactly what body is right for me.

I'm actually glad a friend/customer of the cafe I work in recommended to check it out as it seems far more friendly and informative than some of the other photography forums I'm part of.

Think I'll be spending a lot more time here.

And here I am, right on cue...

Hi Jak. I'm the Edinburgh Correspondent here, so every time you upload a shot of Edinburgh, you have to pay me 50 quid. Thems the rules :)

Just kidding, of course. Looking forward to seeing your images, and maybe meeting up some day.

Welcome Jak, the fact you say Sunny and Edinburgh in the same sentence tells me you have a great imagination, from what I've seen recently from the Edingburgh Correspondent it hasn't been SUNNY at all.

Be wary of camera carrying people in the 'Burgh' you may end up as a discussion topic. Rob sit down and put your X thingy down! :D

Haha! Thanks for the warm welcome Brian, Rob, Pete and Kev.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here and contributing to the forum. I'm moving flat next week but once I'm settled and have uploaded a bunch of more recent shots (especially now Flickr had kindly given us 1TB of space of free) I'll be sure to share them here with you all.

Welcome Jack, another Scot is never a bad thing :D. I'm in Dundee though I do run a club night in Edinburgh amongst other things, you'll have a great time here

Oh... you've ruined it now Jak - you mentioned Flickr! I've been tearing my hair out over the fiasco all afternoon. Welcome to our friendly forum and I'm glad to find another Olympus user. I had the OM1 for about a year before deciding I needed the automatic capability of the OM2n. (I was photographing my horse in action at the time) :)

Thank you Lesley, Davie and Hamish. Happy to be here.

It's nice to see other Olympus slr users are out there. The OM1n was the first slr that I bought after taking a Canon AL-1 and a Pentax K1000 for a spin. It taught me everything about understanding light and the relationship between each element used to capture it. Thank you Olympus, for educating and encouraging me.

Welcome to the madhouse Jak - I'm sure you'll fit right in

Film and digital are both well loved and supported here

So someone recommended RPF then eh?

Back